Packed with delicious roasted vegetables, this easy feta pasta recipe makes an easy dinner any night of the week.
When it comes to simple pasta dishes, this easy feta pasta recipe reigns supreme. Packed with delicious roasted veggies, this one is a total hit.
Much like Hailey Bieber's pizza toast recipe, we were not immune to last year's feta pasta craze on TikTok. Not even a little bit. In fact - we love the stuff!
This version is made with my favorite cavatappi pasta and dressed up with tender, tasty vegetables. It takes under 30 minuts to make and is a total WOW.
Why We Love This Roasted Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe
Keeping things simple, as frequently as possible, is really key to making dinnertime work for our family - even as someone who absolutely loves to cook.
This pasta recipe could not be easier. You throw a handful of ingredients on a sheet pan and then tuck them into the oven to roast while the pasta boils.
Everything gets tossed together and the roasted feta cheese creates the basis of the "sauce" for your pasta making this as ridiculously easy as it sounds.
If you don't have cavatappi pasta, no worries! You could easily make this recipe with rotini, rigatoni, penne or farfalle pasta. Use what you have on hand.
You can swap veggies in or out, too. I love making a version with the addition of Brussels sprouts. (Roasted Brussels sprouts are my absolute favorite!)
The bottom line is, this is a pasta recipe that you can easily switch up to suit your mood or to fit what's hanging out in your pantry and it's a cinch to make.
When it comes to an easy, quick dinner that everyone loves every single time, it simply does not get much better than that in my book.
Roasted Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe
To make this super easy feta pasta recipe, you will need:
- Pasta - My strong preference when making this feta pasta recipe is cavatappi pasta. I just love the texture along with the crunchy veggies! That said, substitute rotini, rigatoni, penne or farfalle as needed. You own't be disappointed.
- Feta - The star of the show here is a big block of feta cheese. You don't want to use crumbled feta. Use two smaller blocks of feta if need be.
- Vegetables - I like to use tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, asparagus and zucchini, but add or subtract whatever veggies you love most.
- Sundried tomatoes - The addition of sundried tomatoes adds such great flavor and texture. Don't skip them unless you really need to do so.
- Oil - A bit of oil for roasting the veggies is recommened. I typically use olive oil or extra virgin olive oil for this.
- Greens - I like to use the combination of arugula and spinach when making this recipe but one or the other also works deliciously.
- Lemon juice - A bit of fresh lemon juice rounds everything out before serving, add a big burst of freshness to the pasta.
- Salt and pepper - A bit of salt and pepper for seasoning is the only other ingredients you need to make this pasta recipe.
- Sheet pan
Feta Pasta Recipe Variations
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, but the brilliance of this super easy pasta recipe is how simple it is to switch it up however you like!
Here are a few ideas for variations of this feta pasta recipe:
- Swap out the cavatappi for another pasta like rotini, penne, rigatoni or farfalle
- Add shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great) or leftover grilled chicken
- Homemade pesto will add a ton of flavor or toss in a bunch of fresh chopped herbs like basil and parsely
- Crumble up bacon or cut up chunks of pepperoni to toss with the pasta for a savory, salty kick
- Don't love sundried tomatoes? Add banana peppers instead!
- Add more delicious pepper flavor by adding hot or sweet cherry peppers to the mix
- Consider adding even more veggies like fresh peas, French cut green beans or roasted corn
- Serve topped with a dollop of ricotta or burrata for even more cheesy goodness
More of Our Best Easy Pasta Recipes
Believe it or not - I am not the hugest pasta fan! That said, there is something to be said about keeping a stash of easy pasta recipes in your back pocket.
For family gatherings, busy weeknights or even dinner parties, there's nothing quite like a family favorite pasta dish to make a hungry crowd wildly happy.
Hailing from Upstate New York (life myself), my homemade chicken riggies recipe is a true "WOW!" of a recipe. It's creamy, tangy and totally unique.
My family loves my creamy sundried tomato chicken linguine recipe also! It's loaded with crisp zucchini, shredded chicken and the best cream sauce.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!