Hailey Bieber's pizza toast recipe has gone viral on TikTok and it's easy to understand why - it's so easy to make and incredibly delicious!
Having racked up more than 5.9 million views and counting, this viral pizza toast recipe is every bit as delicious as Hailey promises.
To be precise, Hailey calls this pizza toast recipe, "Very very yum," a claim I can fully back up. She's not lying, friends.
In addition to Hailey's own video, countless follow-up videos have popped up all over TikTok, each one giving this pizza toast trend two thumbs up.
Hailey Bieber's Pizza Toast Recipe
Making Hailey Bieber's pizza toast is incredibly simple. A handful of high quality ingredients are all it takes to serve up a delicious lunch or a super easy dinner.
That version of Hailey Bieber's toast alone has tallied more than 3.5 million views to date!
On Food Fanatic's TikTok, I even share my version, the complete recipe for which you'll find below in this post!
@foodfanatical You know I had to try @haileybieber’s pizza toast! Here’s how it went 🍕🍞#LinkBudsNeverOff #foodfanatic #foodiesoftiktok #OREOBdayStack #pizzatoast #viralfood #tiktokfoodtrends ♬ Love You So - The King Khan & BBQ Show
Pizza Toast Ingredients
- Tomatoes - I prefer a large tomato such as a Beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes for making pizza toast. You want something that will cover your slices of bread with just 1 or 2 slices of tomato.
- Olive oil - I suggest extra virgin olive oil, which you'll use both to marinate the tomatoes and to drizzle over the toasted bread.
- Lemon - Fresh lemon juice is squeezed over the tomato slices along with the olive oil to form a simple marinade.
- Salt - A nice big pinch of coarse ground sea salt finishes up the marinade ingredients.
- Sourdough bread - Use your favorite sourdough bread - ideally select one that is a bit crusty and will toast up nicely and not get soggy when the tomato softens as it bakes.
- Butter - Before assembling the sourdough bread is first buttered on each side and toasted on a griddle until crisp and golden.
- Burrata - The undeniable star of the pizza toast show is fresh burrata, which is a ball of fresh mozzarella filled with ricotta cream. It's delicious!
- Parmesan - Topping the pizza toast with fresh grated parmesan adds just the right touch of salty cheesiness to this recipe.
- Marinara - Pick up a jar of your favorite marinara sauce for topping your pizza toast.
- Crushed red pepper flakes - For a little kick and to balance out all the creamy, cheesy flavors, shake on some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Oregano - A touch of oregano is also sprinkled over top before serving your pizza toast.
How to Make Hailey Bieber's Pizza Toast Recipe
- Begin by slicing the tomato, placing the slices in a shallow dish and marinating in olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt.
- Butter both sides of several pieces of sourdough bread, then toast on a griddle or in a skillet until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Drizzle olive oil over each slice of toast, then divide the burrata and smash it into an even layer over each piece.
- Add slices of marinated tomatoes, grate fresh parmesan over top then bake at 375° for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spoon warmed marinara over top, add more freshly grated parmesan and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes and oregano over top.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Hailey Bieber's Pizza Toast Recipe Variations
- Truffle oil - Hailey's original viral pizza toast recipe calls for truffle oil, which is simply an olive oil infused with truffles. The flavor is complex and earthy and would make a lovely addition to the other flavors. That said, it can be expensive and a little tricky to find and this pizza toast recipe can easily stand on its own without the addition of truffle oil.
- Mozzarella - While I highly recommend using burrata if you can find it, using the freshest mozzarella you can find will also work in a pinch, but you'll lose some of the creaminess.
- Basil - In my opinion everything is better with a chiffon of fresh basil sprinkled over top. I'll definitely add it next time I make this recipe!
- Pumpernickel - As an alternative to the sourdough bread, try slices of pumpernickel! The flavor will pair perfectly with the burrata and tomatoes.
- Pepperoni - For a meat lover's version, add a few slices of uncured pepperoni. The extra salt would be super tasty!
Would I Make Hailey Bieber's Pizza Toast Again?
Sometimes you try a recipe, it's pretty good, but it's not necessarily something you'd feel moved to make again in the future.
Let's be clear - Hailey Bieber's pizza toast is a certifable hit, and I'll absolutely be making it again and again.
The textures and flavors pair beautifully, giving you true pizza flavor with a crispy, buttery crust to the toast that is killer.
I will be making this for lunch, I will be making this for dinner paired with a simple arugula salad. I will be making it. A lot.
What to Pair with Pizza Toast
If you want to elevate this pizza toast recipe from a simple lunch or tasty snack to a full meal for dinner, try it with one of our favorite soup recipes like our copycat Olive Garden minestrone soup recipe.
For a quick hit of something green, pile a bunch of broccoli made in the toaster oven alongside your pizza toast.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!