Creamy Chicken Linguine RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
This Creamy Chicken Linguine is irresistible! Chicken and linguine pair with a light creamy sauce to make a week night dinner easy but special.
It’s no secret that I love pasta. It’s on my menu once a week.
My son adores pasta with Alfredo sauce. While that’s a great dish, I like to change things up a bit and make this Creamy Chicken linguine.
I am known by my family not to serve the same exact dish for weeks. Variety always makes dinner better.
This dish is a bit lighter than your typical Alfredo pasta. The chicken adds some extra protein and the sauce is not as rich.
I like to serve a side of veggies or arugula salad with it to complete the meal.
When I’m feeling healthy, I will use whole wheat pasta, but any type of linguine will work.
Actually, spaghetti is perfect for this recipe too. It’s a perfect week night meal especially if you have teenagers in the house.
My son is a growing boy and this is one hearty meal that keeps everyone satisfied.
I like to use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. I find thighs to be more flavorful than white meat and I always keep several packages in my freezer.
When chicken thighs are on sale, I like to stock my freezer. My family loves them roasted but they are great with pasta too.
This dish has a simple dried Italian seasoning in it. I always keep a few jars in my pantry because you can’t go wrong with it if you are making a pasta dish.
A sprinkling of fresh parsley or basil makes the dinner extra fresh. I like to keep a basil plant on my counter but I can’t always rely on that if it’s not late spring or summer. So, I go with whatever herb looks fresh in the grocery store.
If your family loves Fettuccine Alfredo, I invite you to change things up a bit and make this Creamy Chicken Linguine instead. You won’t be disappointed.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Creamy Chicken Linguine Recipe
- 12 ounces Linguine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 thighs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, about 16 ounces, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dried Italian Herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Fresh Parsley, or basil, for garnish
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water.
- Drain and keep warm. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add chicken and garlic.
- Sprinkle on seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from pan and reserve on plate. Add butter to pan, then flour once the butter is melted. Use a whisk to mix together.
- Add chicken broth and half and half. Reduce heat to low.
- Continue to use whisk for a few minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Put chicken back to the pan once sauce comes to a simmer.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water.
- Cook for another few minutes or until sauce has thickened and dish is creamy.
- Garnish with parsley or basil before serving.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Italian, Pasta, Chicken, Simmered, Sauces
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Italian Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Sauce Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving