Sweet Potato Benedict Skillet RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Sweet Potato Benedict Hash is a yummy and filling breakfast that won’t leave you with guilt! Plenty of protein and good carbs make it a great choice to start your day.
I’m going to go ahead and admit that I’m that cliché blonde white girl who is basically obsessed with brunch.
It’s honestly the world’s most perfect meal. You don’t have to get up early for it and there’s no rush to finish up and be anywhere.
Unlike lunch, where everyone is checking the time and trying to get back to work, brunch is a leisurely affair, usually eaten while nursing a hangover.
Also? Champagne! In the day time! Color me basic, but ain’t nothing wrong with a bottle of bubbly at 11 am on a Saturday.
One of my all-time favorite brunch dishes is Eggs Benedict. Partly I think because it always seemed too difficult to make at home.
Poached eggs, hollandaise sauce… it all just feels a little intimidating. But as it turns out, egg poaching pans exist and hollandaise can be made in the microwave, so it really isn’t as big of an ordeal as I imagined.
With that in mind, I decided to tackle a healthier version of classic Eggs Benedict.
I swapped out the English muffin for sweet potato – a clean carb that is great fuel for your body – and Canadian bacon for leaner chicken bacon.
Chicken bacon is a recent discovery of mine, and while I’ve never been a turkey bacon fan, this stuff is a whole other thing. SO. GOOD.
I like to make a big batch of roasted sweet potatoes in advance and keep them in the fridge for hashes or a side with dinner.
They’re a quick healthy option to have on hand that are filling and a good clean carb to fuel a workout. Or a Target run.
A big plate of this, a giant mimosa in a jar, and your Saturday is made. You’re welcome.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Sweet Potato Benedict Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 4 slices Ham, or chicken bacon
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Salted Butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, drizzle diced sweet potatoes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stopping every 10 minutes to stir, or until potatoes are browned and soft in the center. (This can also be done in advance – roast and cool potatoes, then place in a container with a lid until ready to use. Reheat in a skillet on the stove.)
- Whisk together two yolks, lemon juice, and a dash of salt.
- Slowly drizzle in melted butter, whisking until combined and smooth.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, stopping to stir every 5 seconds.
- Heat chicken or turkey bacon OR ham slices in a skillet until cooked/warm.
- Poach two eggs – I use an egg poaching pan for this and it’s SO incredibly easy!
- Divide sweet potatoes onto two plates. Top with bacon or ham, and one poached egg. Top with hollandaise, paprika, and parsley.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- Healthy Eating
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Healthy Eating, Sweet Potatoes, Eggs, Baked, Easy, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Sweet Potato Recipes, Egg Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Posts:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving