Make this cranberry bread recipe with fresh cranberries any time of year - it's bursting with fresh, delicious flavor that everyone loves.
This cranberry bread recipe packed with tart cranberries is one of my favorites during the holiday season but I also make this wonderful recipe any time of year.
If you love a good quick bread bursting with juicy cranberries, this is the best cranberry bread recipe. It's a classic sweet bread recipe and a crowd favorite.
While I also love recipes with dried cranberries this easy quick bread recipe is made with fresh cranberries for a reason - they're just so vibrant and flavorful!
Why We Love This Cranberry Bread Recipe
Always fans of easy quick bread recipes, this cranberry bread recipe is perhaps the perfect quick bread. It's delicious with coffee or served after dinner.
If you pick up mini loaf pans you can make mini loaves as lovely little homemade gifts, but I personally love keeping a loaf on hand to slice on Christmas morning.
A delicious quick bread, this one is for you if you love cranberry nut bread or any moist cranberry bread like orange cranberry bread.
Skipping the fresh orange juice and orange zest common of cranberry recipes, this cranberry loaf is packed with a burst of fresh lemon instead of that sweet orange flavor more common of typical cranberry bread recipes.
While you can never go wrong cranberry and orange, the combination of cranberry and lemon is just unexpected enough to be really special.
How To Make Cranberry Bread Recipe With Fresh Cranberries
To make this incredible, festive cranberry bread recipe, you will need:
- Fresh cranberries - This recipe uses fresh cranberries. Use the leftover berries to make homemade cranberry sauce.
- Lemon zest and lemon juice - The lemon flavor in this original recipe is part of what makes it so good.
- Sugar - This recipe uses just granulated sugar. It does not require brown sugar.
- Flour - Our easy cranberry bread recipe is made with basic all purpose flour.
- Baking powder - The leavening in this recipe is provided by baking powder - there is no baking soda required.
- Eggs - Always use large eggs when baking - this bread recipe is no exception.
- Butter - Like many bread recipes, this one calls for melted butter.
- Vanilla - Use good quality pure vanilla extract to enrich the flavor of this bread.
- Powdered sugar - A bit of powdered sugar transforms into a perfect sweet glaze for the top of the bread.
- Mixing bowls - You will need a large bowl and a small bowl
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Bread pan - This recipe is made for a 5-inch loaf pan
- Rubber spatula
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Preheat the oven and prepare your loaf pan by lightly spraying with non-stick spray or lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the cranberries and lemon zest with sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In yet another bowl, combine the remaining sugar, eggs, and melted butter until well combined. Whisk in the milk and vanilla until combined.
- Add this to the flour mixture and gently stir until just combined. Fold in the fresh cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for the prescribed baking time or until the edges are golden brown.
- When the bake time is complete, transfer the loaf to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, top with the glaze and serve this great recipe right away or store in an airtight container and serve later.
More Favorite Cranberry Recipes
If you love cranberries as much as we do, give a few of our other favorite cranberry recipes a try this holiday season or anytime of year you have a craving!
Our insanney easy cranberry jalapeño dip recipe is more sweet and tart than spicy and we love serving it up for parties throughout the holiday season.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!