Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Bread RecipeSharon L. | What the Fork Food Blog
Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Bread is a seasonal twist on classic banana bread. It’s flavored with dried cranberries and walnuts for a simple loaf that’s quick and easy to make.
This Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Bread is the first new gluten free quick bread recipe I’ve made since publishing The Gluten-Free Quick Breads Cookbook back in April.
Not the first quick bread I’ve made, just the first NEW recipe.
But in all honesty, I’ve probably only baked a handful of quick breads since finishing the book! My family needed a break from quick breads because I made well over 500 loaves during the testing stages and then for the pictures.
That’s a lot of bread!
The Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Bread I’m sharing today is based off of my popular (and crazy delicious) gluten free banana bread recipe.
If you find that you’re one of those people who can never get enough banana bread, make sure you grab a copy of my cookbook.
There’s an entire chapter dedicated to all different kinds of banana bread. There are so many tasty breads just waiting for you to bake them!
This quick bread makes a great holiday bread thanks to the seasonal addition of cranberries. Breakfasts, brunches, and holiday buffets won’t be complete without a loaf of this cranberry bread! Tis the season to cranberry ALL THE THINGS.
I used dried cranberries in this recipe instead of fresh cranberries, which technically means you can make it any time of the year.
You can, of course, use fresh cranberries instead.
You’ll just want to give them a rough chop before adding them to the batter and you’ll want to fold them into the batter instead of mixing them into the dry ingredients like I do with the dried cranberries.
If walnuts aren’t your thing or you have a nut allergy, you can always skip the nuts. You can even use pecans instead of walnuts.
I just used walnuts because they’re cheaper, ha!
This quick bread can also be made dairy free, just use unsweetened coconut milk in place of the regular milk.
You can also use Walnut Milk, which I used in my cookbook. It gives the bread a nuttier taste and it’s a really, really good flavor booster.
I highly recommend giving it a try! Enjoy!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups Sharon’s Nightshade-Free Gluten Free Flour Blend, (260g)
- 3/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar, (97g)
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries, (130g)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts, (61g)
- 1 cup Mashed Banana, (230g)
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, (112g)
- 2/3 cup Milk, (158ml), room temperature (regular or dairy free)
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil, (80ml)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 9x5-inch (23x13-cm) loaf pan with homemade pan release or spray with non-stick spray then line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar. Stir in the dried cranberries and walnuts. Break up any clumps of cranberries and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, brown sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the banana bread with a few chopped walnuts and dried cranberries if desired – no more than 1-2 tablespoons total. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.
- I use my Nightshade-Free Gluten Free Flour Blend in this recipe.
- Store wrapped tightly in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days. To freeze, tightly wrap the whole loaf, sliced or unsliced, in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Sharon L.
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free, Baking, Baked, Bananas, Cranberries, Quick Bread, Quick, Breakfasts, Brunches
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Banana Recipes, Cranberry Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Quick Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 loaf
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sharon L.
Recipe Yields: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Amount Per Serving