Chicken Kebab MarinadeCyd Converse
Looking for the perfect chicken kebab marinade? Here's a great recipe to try - and we have some more good ideas for you too!
Are you looking for a delicious lunch or dinner recipe that is full of flavor and requires minimal prep and cooking time? You are in luck!
These Saffron-Yogurt Chicken Kebabs are succulent and juicy and bursting with flavor. Chicken kebabs are very versatile, and you can create a range of different flavors profiles using a variety of seasonings.
With Middle Eastern roots, kebabs are known for their succulent meat. This is typically skewered and cooked over fire, charring it to perfection and sealing in the juices and flavor.
Kebabs are not limited to just chicken either, so you really get creative with the flavors you create and the meats you use.
One of the best ways to really infuse the kebab meat with flavor is to use a good marinade!
Mediterranean flavors are perfect for marinating chicken kebabs. Here are some great flavor combinations to try:
• Minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper
• Lemon, olive oil, cilantro, minced garlic, salt and pepper
• Paprika, cumin, chili flakes, ketchup, salt and pepper
You should always marinate the chicken for a minimum of two hours, but for the best texture and flavor aim for 6 hours or more.
It is also best to chop your chicken before marinating so that the seasonings have a larger surface area through which to permeate.
If you prefer to marinate your chicken breasts whole before preparing them for the skewers, we would recommend creating slits throughout the breasts. Again, this will incrase the surface area and allow more of the flavor from the marinade to infuse into the chicken.
As chicken kebabs are so versatile, you can serve up a whole range of sides with them! Traditionally, warmed pitta bread and salad are served as accompaniments, but you can also serve grilled vegetables, pilaf rice, cous cous or fries – the options are endless!
If you plan to use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water first to prevent them catching fire.
Metal skewers are typically considered best as they are reusable and won’t catch fire. On the downside, they can get extremely hot... so grill with caution!
More kebab recipes
Grilled Herb Hummus Chicken Kebabs
Chicken Kebab Marinade
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, made with whole milk
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- zest and juice from one Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Thyme
- 2 cloves Chopped Garlics
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch of Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Mix the yogurt, oil, lemon zest and juice, thyme, garlic, saffron, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper i a bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto six 10-inch skewers and season well.
- Grill for about 6 to 8 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle with oil and serve.
- Cyd Converse
- Martha Stewart
- Marinades, Meat, Chicken, Easy Lunches, Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Marinade Recipes, Meat Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Easy Lunch Recipes, Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Cyd Converse
Source: Martha Stewart
Recipe Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 386 minutes
Amount Per Serving