Easy Couscous Salad RecipeOlivia Ribas | Primavera Kitchen
Easy couscous salad that makes the best lunch ever! You can have it hot, cold, or somewhere in between. No matter what, it's gonna be...
This fluffy couscous salad with bell pepper, red onions and apples as the main ingredients is perfect meal for those of you that are always on-the-go because it makes great lunchbox filler for a day out. Of course this is a great option at home from the fridge too.
Either way this recipe is so flavorful and delicious that you won’t want to miss that. I normally make a big amount of this salad and leave in the fridge to have a meal ready any time I feel hungry. Doing it this way, I avoid eating unhealthy food.
I don’t know about you guys, but when it comes to quick and easy recipe ideas, couscous recipes cannot be beat. It is always the type of recipe that crosses my mind. I made it yesterday when my little 5 weeks old baby boy Thomas was peacefully sleeping in the swing chair close to me in the kitchen.
He normally doesn’t sleep there more than 30 minutes. So I had to make a quick meal for dinner, and this was what I chose to make. It took lass than 30 minutes and I even had time to do the dishes. It was so delicious and I am glad I had leftover for lunch next day and my husband even brought it to his work. I just added cold chicken scraps tossed in and I had a big bowl of garlicky greens too.
Why do I think this salad is awesome for you who have a busy life? Because you just need to pour boiling water over the couscous, soak for 5 minutes and your couscous will be done. As this is a very simple couscous salad, you have to add only the vegetables you have in your fridge such as bell pepper, onions, asparagus. Brussels sprout and so on, or fruits like apple, grapes and oranges, plus a homemade vinaigrette.
You also can pair this salad with sautéed shrimp, broiled salmon, roast chicken or beef to make it out into a main course. This salad is delicious and you really can’t go wrong with that. I bet you and your family will enjoy it a lot!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Easy Couscous Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup Orange Bell Pepper, chopped (105g)
- 2/3 cup Red Onion, chopped (72g)
- 1/3 cup Green Onion, chopped (23g)
- 3/4 cup Red Apple, chopped (72g)
- 3 cups Cooked Couscous, (374g)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a medium heatproof bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the couscous.
- Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and set aside to let cool for 5 minutes more.
- In the same bowl used to cook the couscous, add pepper, red onions, green onions and red apple.
- Stir really well along with the homemade vinaigrette.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary.
- Serve immediately.
- Olivia Ribas
- Salads, Healthy Eating, Healthy, Couscous, Peppers, Apples, Whole Grain, Dressings
- Related Recipes:
- Salad Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Couscou Recipes, Pepper Recipes, Apple Recipes, Whole Grain Recipes, Dressing Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Olivia Ribas
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving