Going vegan doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite foods! This vegan creamed spinach is every bit as yummy as the original but is totally dairy-free
Creamed spinach makes a delicious and healthy side dish that goes with just about anything - but it is typically made with milk or cream, meaning it is unsuitable for a vegan diet or for anyone who needs to avoid dairy.
That is, unless you decide to make this vegan creamed spinach, which is 100% dairy-free and delicious served alongside a meat-free meal. You could even serve it as a dip - it pairs up perfectly with these crunchy homemade tortilla chips.
Vegan Creamed Spinach Variations
- stirring in vegan butter for extra richness
- topping with a good handful of vegan cheese
- switching the soy milk for coconut milk - it gives it a lovely, light coconut flavor
- adding some nutmeg - it really brings out the flavor of spinach
- throwing in some vegan bacon bits
- sprinkling with nutritional yeast