Instant Pot Tahini Cashew Curry RecipeTaylor Kiser | Food. Faith. Fitness.
Instant Pot tahini cashew curry is full of flavor and ready in a flash! This healthy dish is packed with veggies for a wonderful quick dinner.
CURRY IN A HURRY
That’s the name of today’s dinner making game and it’s gonna be a game that you’re gonna wanna play OVER AND OVER.
Before we move even further along: why yes, there IS tahini in this pressure cooker curry. I know my love affair with putting tahini in the most random things possible (paleo sweet potato brownies and paleo chocolate maple tahini muffins, I’m looking at you) has lasted, liiiike, over a year.
BUT, uhmmm, have you ever tried the thick, sultry-smooth, CREAMY-like-WHOA madness that is tahini? It’s just BONKERS delicious.
What is Tahini?
Although we’ve eaten it, I’ve never really told you what it is! Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds that is a staple in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. Think of it like Middle Eastern Peanut Butter.
If it’s made with unhulled sesame seeds, it tends to be on the bitter side, so it’s best to use one that is made from hulled sesame seeds!
So, don’t mind me, Imma just be over here adding it to everything we eat forever and ever the end. Hope you’re jumping right on board the tahini train with a one-way ticket to YUMSVILLE.
Anyway. Whole30 curry. Right.
It’s the kind of meal that you taste and immediately think it must have been slow-and-simmering, liiike, ALL DAY because the deep, rich flavor profiles of the curry paste, ginger and turmeric are so intensely perfect and harmonious that there is NO way that this vegan cashew curry came about in a short period of time.
But, slow YOUR ROLL. I told you it’s curry in a hurry and I am NOT joking. We do NOT mess around with easy dinners that even tired-after-work-person you can create, and love and press rep-EAT on over and over and over.
This creamy-dreamy golden pot of simmering, spicy BLISS? Y-O-U can make it in UNDER 20 minutes.
And all the tired-only-have-the-energy-to-make-a-sandwich-for-dinner-but-no-one-really-wants-a-sandwich-for-dinner people of the world said HALLELUJAH.
This Instant Pot Tahini Cashew Curry is very loosely based on the crockpot Thai peanut butter chicken curry that we all loved so much, except with this amazing marriage of cashew milk and my tahini addiction.
Who would have ever thought to pair cashews and tahini? Well, I guess, I did?
But, real life confession: totally meant to make a vegan COCONUT curry but then realized Mr. FFF had used all my coconut milk without telling me. Love when he does that
So, considering half the recipe was already chopped and prepped, the improvisation hat went on my head (don’t actually have said hat. Made it up) and cashew milk went right on into the Instant Pot.
High hopes were NOT HAD. Figured it was going to be a “shucks, gotta go get Chipotle for dinner because recipe FAIL” kind night.
Sometimes I purposely make recipes just because I like Chipotle A LOT. But, that’s neither here nor there.
Lo and BEHOLD cashews+tahini+curry+turmeric is a combo of the gods! Heaven! Nirvana! Food B-L-I-S-S bubbling away in an Instant Pot of creamy curry LOVE.
Eat it with rice. Eat it with chicken. Eat it straight from the pot with a spoon.
I don’t care as long as you eat it REAL SOON.
Instant Pot Tahini Cashew Curry Recipe
- 2 cups Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 3 tablespoons Tahini Paste
- 2 teaspoons Yellow Curry Paste
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Tapioca Starch
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Toasted Cashews, for garnish
- Fresh Cilantro, for garnish
- Rice of Choice, for serving
- Whisk all the ingredients up to the tapioca starch (not including the starch) together in your Instant Pot, set on sauté mode and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, whisk the tapioca starch with 2 tablespoons of the hot liquid together in a separate bowl until smooth. While constantly whisking, stir the mixture back into the Instant pot until well combined. Boil the curry until it begins to thicken and reduce, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once thickened, stir in cauliflower, onion and pepper. Cover the Instant Pot (make sure it’s set to sealing) and cook on manual high pressure for just 1 minute. Let pressure release naturally.
- If you want the curry a bit thicker, turn it back to sauté and boil 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice of choice and garnish with cashews and cilantro.
- Taylor Kiser
- Cooking Method:
- Instant Pot
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy, Healthy Eating, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooking, Indian, Cauliflower, Vegetarian, Nuts, Vegan, Dinners for Two, Whole30, Whole 30
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Pressure Cooker Recipes, Pressure Cooking Recipes, Indian Recipes, Cauliflower Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Nut Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Dinners for Two Recipes, Whole30 Recipes, Whole 30 Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Taylor Kiser
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving