Spicy Avocado Chimichurri Salsa RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Spicy Avocado Chimichurri Salsa can be pulled together at a moments notice. A total taste bud pleaser!
I used to be all about red-based salsas. It’s the comfort food us Coloradans have all grown up with in Mexican restaurants throughout the state.
The red restaurant salsas are always flavorful and have just the right touch of heat, but after a while, you feel like you’ve tasted them all.
There’s no wow factor that makes you sit up a little straighter and say “holy cow, now that’s some good freakin’ salsa!”
This was the main reason I converted to guacamole instead of salsa.
Why feel the need to indulge in the same salsa over and over again, when I could seek comfort in a giant bowl of tasty guacamole?
That is, until now.
My friends, I have found the ultimate salsa to get you out of your restaurant-style salsa rut. Spicy avocado chimichurri salsa is the happy marriage of a fiery salsa and a chunky guacamole.
It’s got the heat and fresh flavors of a typical salsa, wrapped up with big chunks of avocado that give you a smooth, creamy finish to every bite. Making it the perfect love child of salsa and guacamole.
I must warn you, you might not be able to go back to just one after trying this!
Not only does this salsa pair well with a classic chip and dip combo, it goes well with chicken, steak and even salmon.
It’s so versatile and it brings so much flavor to a plain ol’ grilled chicken breast.
Just top your favorite entrée with a little of this magical salsa and your taste buds will thank you for it. Trust me.
This is one of those ‘secret weapon’ recipes that you can pull out at a moment’s notice to kick up your next party or date night in.
You’re only 5 minutes away from this bowl of sunshine and happiness…
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Spicy Avocado Chimichurri Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley Leaves, Packed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Packed
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Hass Avocado, Peeled, pitted and chopped
- Pulse parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a food processor until smooth. Add lime juice and olive oil and pulse until well combined.
- Add the chimichurri sauce and avocado to a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Meghan Yager
- Recipe adapted from Food & Wine
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Avocados, Salsa, Dips, Side Dishes, Spicy, Easy, No Cook
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Salsa Recipes, Dip Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Easy Recipes, No Cook Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Source: Recipe adapted from Food & Wine
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Amount Per Serving