A fabulous veggie chili from the Pioneer Woman herself, combining fresh vegetable and healthy beans with a delicious blend of spices.
This vegetarian chili is perfect for meatless Monday, or any other day of the week! It's packed with nutritous and colorful vegetables, along with a triple combo of healthy beans. Seriously, who needs meat when a dinner comes with this much flavor?
Not only are the beans in this recipe super-healthy, they make a great substitute for meat. Beans are packed with protein, which leaves you feeling nice and full. That means that this veggie chili is every bit as satisfying and comforting as its meaty counterpart!
What is Ro-tel
For those of you who've noticed Ro-tel on the list of ingredients and are wondering what on earth it is, we thought we'd explain! Ro-tel is the brand name of a canned product that combines tomatoes with fire-roasted green chilies. It's a true Southern favorite, combining sweet and smoky flavors, and it adds a real punch of flavor to whatever you mix it with.
If you can't get hold of Ro-tel, simply dice a few tomatoes and green chili instead.
How to serve this veggie chili
This chili is fantastic served in lots of different ways. If you like to cook ahead, why not make a big batch then try a different way of serving it each time? Each meal will taste unique and no one will ever guess just how much time you saved!
- Put it in a bowl, with corn or flour tortillas on the side.
- Top it with sour cream, extra cheese, sliced avocado or some pico de gallo (Mexican salsa).
- Serve it on a bed of white or brown rice.
- Fill a bowl with crunchy tortilla chips and serve on the side, for dipping.
- Use as a filling for a baked potato (this works especially well with sweet potato).
- Make tacos, filling the shells with the chili, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Try topping with a blob of coconut yogurt and chopped red chili - unique and delicious.