Mexican Rice Skillet RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Mexican Rice Skillet is a perfect, one pot meal. So quick and easy.
I am kind of in love with skillet dinners lately, and I'm guessing I can't be the only one. They are so quick and easy to make, plus you can change them up in so many different ways. Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet was the start of it.
Mexican food is one of our favorites, so I switched it up and made an Enchilada Pasta Skillet that was a huge success. So this Mexican rice skillet was the next progression.
Skillet dinners are great because you only get one pan dirty, and dinner is ready in about 25 minutes. On busy weeknights when getting dinner on the table is a struggle, you don’t want to have a ton of clean up to do after dinner. So, one pan dinners are ideal.
Between my son’s basketball practice two nights a week, homework, and other activities some nights dinner is the last thing I want to think about. So it is really nice to have a few recipes in my arsenal, that I know everyone will eat, and come together quickly.
Mexican rice skillet is so easy to customize to your families taste. I used corn kernels in mine, but you can use black beans if your family likes them. You can switch up the protein if you want too. Ground beef, turkey, chicken, or even a meat substitute would all work equally well.
Plus, you can top it with any of your favorite taco toppings; tomatoes, avocado, black olives, sour cream, cilantro - you name it, it's good here. The leftovers are great for lunch the next day as well.
Serve Mexican rice skillet with a few tortilla chips and some fruit for a complete meal that will disappear quickly. If you've got a few extra minutes, this Winter fruit salad would be fantastic too.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Mexican Rice Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 10 ounce can Ro-Tel
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Olives
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium high heat brown grown beef, breaking apart. Add onions, and cook until soft. Stir in taco seasoning until the meat is evenly coated.
- Add corn kernels, salsa, rice, tomatoes, and chicken stock. Stir until well mixed. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through, and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the dish. Cover and heat until cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings to serve.
- Erin S.
- Easy Dinners, One Pot Meals, Dinners, Mexican, Tex Mex, Easy, Rice, Ground Beef
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Easy Recipes, Rice Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving