Winter Fruit Salad RecipeWendy Kirby | La Phemme Phoodie
Who says fruit salad is reserved for the summer?!? This recipe sets out to prove that theory wrong, delicious and healthy bite by...
Winter is not typically associated with fresh fruit dishes that are full of vibrant colors. But when the days are short and the weather is brutally cold, I make an effort to brighten up my day by eating a delicious dish, especially something bright like this Winter Fruit Salad.
The scent from peeling the oranges will immediately invigorate your senses and the array of fresh mango and mint, blended with the slightly spicy dressing, is a pleasing way to get your daily dose of fruit. Did you know that mango never goes out of season? In terms of fruits to add to your diet, it's a great one, because you never have to think about whether or not it is actually in season.
Come in from the cold and head straight for that kitchen table, readers. A healthy snack is about to be served!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Winter Fruit Salad Recipe
- 4 Oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 Mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Place the shredded lettuce in a large bowl.
- Top the lettuce with the orange slices, mango, red onion, mint and cilantro.
- Whisk the lime juice, salt, chili powder and olive oil together until well-blended.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately or cover all ingredients and chill.
- Wendy Kirby
- Cooking Light
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Vegan, Healthy, Salads, Fruit, Vegetarian, Low Carb
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Salad Recipes, Fruit Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Low Carb Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 fruit salad
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Wendy Kirby
Source: Cooking Light
Recipe Yields: 1 fruit salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving