Instant Pot Cajun Chili RecipeTaylor Kiser | Food. Faith. Fitness.
Instant Pot Cajun chili is comforting, spicy, and so easy! Just add cornbread for a complete meal.
Instant. Pot. Cajun. Chili.
AKA: the post that Mr. FFF almost wrote because he wanted to DECLARE HIS LOVE FOR IT to you, my BFF’s, out in internet land.
However, after the first sentence, I realized that should NEVER EVER HAPPEN.
So, as per usual, Imma tell you about it instead.
You guys. This is THE recipe that will DEFINE that moment in your life when you realize we are finally in COMFORT FOOD SEASON. No longer are beaches and bikinis dictating our food choices, causing us to eat things like a kale blueberry pineapple salad or clementine arugula salad.
Now it’s about COZY warm food-feels hugging the inside of your tummy, making you feel totally UNDERSTOOD, nourished and LOVED.
This chili – with a CREOLE TWIST – is THAT food.
Cajun chili is exactly like it sounds. Full of addicting, spicy notes of paprika and cayenne pepper, punches of zesty garlic and onion and laced with juicy burst of andouille sausage, ground chicken and tender shrimp. It’s got the that creamy tomato flavor profiles mish-mashing together with deep, chewy kidney beans, that gives it similar flavors and textures that you’d expect to find when you faceplant into a steaming bowl of cozy-comfort-food-chili.
Think of it like if you took jambalaya tailgating. EXACTLY LIKE THAT.
I probably do not need to tell you the reason why The Hub-o-rama loved this chili so much that he ALMOST wrote a love letter, in the form of a blog post, about it. If you remember the Cajun cauliflower casserole and Cajun cauliflower tater tot casserole, you will remember that he basically asks me to make Cajun flavored things on the reg’.
However, I usually make him Cajun flavored things packed with hidden vegetables, and I think it sort of crushes his little man-food-loving heart.
Yes, internet friends, I have reclaimed my “superstar wife status” gold star with this recipe and, lemme tell you, YOU. WILL. TOO.
Exciting thing we did NOT talk about: this chili is made in about 30 MINUTES.
SRSLY. Crazy-delicious flavors are developed, the ULTIMATE texture of tender beans and juicy meat happens in ONLY ONE HALF OF AN HOUR.
The Instant Pot. Quickly putting food in our bellies, and kitchen-gadget love in our hearts, since 2017.
This magical contraption lets your sauté your ingredients, pressure cook ALL the flavors together into a creamy bowl of YUM and reduce e’rythang to the ULTIMATE creamy-not-soupy consistency ALL IN ONE POT.
Also. Confession 4 U: this is the FIRST chili recipe that I have ever developed in the 4.5 years that we’ve hung out on this little corner of the internet.
Which is why:
Try’na WOW you.
Also trying to distract you from the disgrace of a human that I am because a VRY VRY traditional, and well loved, food item such as chili has never been developed inside my food-creating brain.
I don’t understand it. You don’t understand it.
But, what we do understand is this:
Pulling up to a big, steaming bowl of southern-inspired chili and digging a crusty piece of bread through it, letting it’s rich, tomato-y goodness soak into each and every carb-y crevice.
Sinking into a cozy comfort food coma in 3…2….1.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Instant Pot Cajun Chili Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1/3 cup Diced Celery
- 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 pound Ground Chicken, or turkey
- 2 links Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 14 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 7 ounces Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Sour Cream, or Greek yogurt, for garnish, optional
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté and heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Once hot, add in the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, as well as the chicken. Cook, breaking up the chicken, until it is no longer pink and it has released all its juices, about 2-3 minutes. Drain out the liquid and discard it.
- Add in the sausage and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients, up to the shrimp, and stir until well mixed.
- Cover the Instant Pot (making sure it’s set to ‘sealing’) and press manual. Cook it on high pressure for 10 minutes (this should be the setting it automatically goes to once you press ‘manual.’)
- Once cooked, let it pressure release naturally.
- Remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Add in the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque and the chili has reduced and thickened slightly, about 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and DEVOUR
- Taylor Kiser
- Cooking Method:
- Instant Pot
- Healthy, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, Chili, Soups, Easy, Spicy, Dinners, Shrimp, Comfort Food
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Pressure Cooker Recipes, Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Easy Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Comfort Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 7 cups
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Taylor Kiser
Recipe Yields: 7 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving