Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole RecipeBrianna Hobbs | Flippin' Delicious
Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole takes everything you love from the classic dish and puts it into one casserole.
Here is another gluten free casserole to add to your dinner repertoire. Gluten free chicken Cordon Bleu casserole! All the flavors of the classic dish, but in an easy casserole form.
I love the flavor profile of chicken Cordon Bleu, it is creamy and rich, with smoky ham and succulent chicken. I put all the classic flavors of chicken cordon bleu in a gluten free quiche last Valentine's day to go with my classic gluten free red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It was killer!
A few weeks later I made a 5 minute gluten-free cream of chicken condensed soup substitute (with dairy free option) and have been dreaming up ways to use it ever since. So far I’ve got a gluten free creamy chicken casserole and the classic gluten free tater tot casserole or hot dish, depending on where you call home. Well now I have this gluten free chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe for you!
I know I always am really busy around dinner time, which is one reason I have a growing recipe box of gluten free casseroles. Casseroles are easy to throw together, and often times you can put the casserole together earlier in the day and then toss it in the oven to bake when dinner time gets closer.
Just be sure to put any cold glass pans in a cold oven so that they don’t explode. No better way to ruin the dinner you worked to prepare. Not like I’ve done that before, or anything.
This gluten free chicken cordon bleu recipe has got all of the chicken cordon bleu flavors, but at a fraction of the work. The first thing to do is make your gluten free cream of condensed soup, which only takes 5 minutes. Then you’ve got chicken, some smoky ham, creamy swiss cheese, fresh parsley, and buttery crumb topping. Don’t skimp on those buttery breadcrumbs, they really bring the casserole to the next level!
The gluten free chicken cordon bleu casserole is warm, creamy, oozing with gooey swiss cheese, and the breadcrumbs on top and the perfect crunch. It would be perfect to bring to your next potluck, everyone will love it.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 pound Cooked Chicken Breast, Or thighs, diced, rotisserie chicken would work, too
- 1/2 cup Diced Ham, Roughly 8 to 10 slices of ham
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, Plus 1 tablespoon, chopped and divided
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the prepared gluten free condensed cream of chicken soup and the mustard. Stir in the cooked chicken, ham, broccoli, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease your favorite casserole dish and spread the chicken mixture evenly over the bottom.
- Top the casserole with the swiss cheese slices.
- Mix together the gluten free breadcrumbs, melted butter, the remaining fresh parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. I used probably about ½ a teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Alternatively, use seasoned gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite gluten free pasta or rice.
- Brianna Hobbs
- adapted from Kraft Recipes
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Dinners
- Gluten Free Dinners, Gluten Free, Casseroles, Easy, Easy Dinners, Chicken, Ham, Cheese, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Ham Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brianna Hobbs
Source: adapted from Kraft Recipes
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving