Gluten Free Quiche RecipeBrianna Hobbs | Flippin' Delicious
Gluten Free Quiche is a savory treat for Valentine's Day. Ham, cheese, and a buttery crust are topped with a tasty herb topping.
When I think of Valentine's Day I think of two different things. First, spending a romantic evening with my husband.
A fancy dinner, candlelight, and flowers.
Second I think of all of the fun kiddy Valentine's memories I have, and how I can help my girls have the same fond memories that I do. Decorating sugar cookies, cutting out red construction paper to make hearts for homemade valentines, and a special Valentine's dinner.
When I was little I felt like Valentine's Day was just as much for me as it was for my parents and all the "grownups".
My mom took great care to make sure that it was a holiday that I'd enjoy, along with all of my siblings. She would make a special meal for us, either pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast or a "Sweetheart" quiche for dinner, and next to each of our place settings would be a special gift.
This year I decided to create an entrée that embodies that fancy romantic dinner AND the playful hearts and homemade valentines of my childhood. Chicken cordon bleu "sweetheart" quiche.
When I think of elegant romantic dinners, one of the dishes that comes to mind is chicken cordon bleu. It just seems fancy!
Moist chicken stuffed with salty ham and Swiss cheese, crusted with buttery breadcrumbs and topped with a smooth creamy sauce. I mean, YUM!
I converted all of the flavors and textures of chicken cordon bleu into a quiche (that is gluten-free), and it has playful little ham and cheese hearts on it. Perfect to fulfill the need for a romantic dinner, and a fun meal for the kids.
First, you start off with a gluten-free pie crust. You can use whatever recipe you like but my favorite is this all-butter gluten-free pie crust.
There are also a few ready-made pie dough options available, which will save you some time.
After the pie crust is par-baked, it is filled with chicken, thick sliced ham, Swiss cheese, and a creamy custardy filling. Part-way through the baking, the buttery breadcrumbs get sprinkled on top along with ham and Swiss cheese hearts (which are just made using a cookie cutter.)
Pro-tip: when I need to make gluten-free breadcrumbs I run toasted gluten-free waffles through the grater attachment on my stand mixer or food processor. You can dry them out in your oven by baking at the lowest temperature until they are all toasty.
Just be sure that the waffles you are using aren't sweet. If I'm planning to use them to make breadcrumbs, I omit the sugar in the recipe.
The result is a savory meal that the whole family will love!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Gluten Free Quiche Recipe
- 1 serving Gluten Free Pie & Pastry Dough, See notes
- 1 1/2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, Chopped (or any cooked chicken)
- 4 ounces Thick-Sliced Cooked Ham, Like carving board style honey ham
- 4-5 slices Swiss Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, Fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs, Either store bought or homemade
- 3 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the pie crust, line a deep dish 9 inch pie plate with it, and crimp as desired.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until it loses its doughy look. Lower the heat to 350°F.
- While the crust is baking, cut small hearts out of the Swiss cheese and the sliced ham. Chop the remaining "scraps" into small bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, and Dijon mustard.
- Layer the chopped chicken, ham, and Swiss in the par-baked pie crust (save the hearts for later!) Carefully pour the egg filling on top of the meats and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter and mix it with the breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley.
- Remove the quiche from the oven, sprinkle it with the breadcrumbs and then top it with the Swiss cheese and ham hearts.
- Return it to the oven for another 10-20 minutes, or until set.
- You can find the all-butter gluten free pie crust recipe on Flippin' Delicious.
- Brianna Hobbs
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free, Chicken, Ham, Cheese, Eggs, Pies, Breakfasts, Brunches, Lunches, Baked, Valentine's Day, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Ham Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Egg Recipes, Pie Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Baked Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brianna Hobbs
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 68 minutes
Total Time: 101 minutes
Amount Per Serving