Chicken Satay Stir Fry RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Chicken Satay Stir Fry - all the flavors of your traditional chicken satay served on skewers, but in a stir fry form over rice as a quick and easy dinner! Heck yeah.
My family loves Thai flavors. One Pot Thai Shrimp Pasta is something that is so easy to make and great for nights when I have nothing planned.
Often times people see peanut butter in a savory recipe and run the other way, but it is so good!
Peanut Chicken and Rice is another example of a peanut sauce over chicken that is just comforting, full of such great flavor and ready in minutes.
Which is exactly what you want out of a weeknight meal, right?
During a busy week no one has hours to spend in the kitchen getting dinner on the table. You want something that is ready in minutes, that doesn't create a lot of dishes, and that the family is not going to complain about.
That is not a lot to ask for is it? Not with this chicken satay stir fry!
A chicken stir fry is a great way to get dinner on the table fast and just use whatever veggies you have in the fridge. You can even mix up the protein, it doesn't always have to be chicken.
Pork works amazing in a basic stir fry. Probably not one that is supposed to taste like the classic Thai appetizer chicken satay, but you get the idea.
How to Make Stir Fry
Making a stir fry is really very simple. The key is to have all the ingredients prepped ahead of time. You cook it over a high heat, so it cooks fast and you want to be ready.
- Mix together your sauce. I like to use a liquid measuring cup and just mix the sauce together, so it is ready and waiting for me.
- Prep your veggies. Chop and get everything read for when it is time to add it to the pan. Try to chop everything the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Cut up your protein. I like to cut my chicken in bite sized cubes so it is easy to eat. But you can do thin strips too if that is what you like.
- Have your rice almost ready. Rice almost always takes the same amount of time to cook, so start your rice and when you are 10 minutes away from it being done, start cooking your stir fry.
This chicken satay recipe is super simple to make. The sauce is just basic ingredients that you probably have on hand already.
So it is great for busy nights when you don't want to run to the store or don't have something planned.
I served this chicken stir fry over white rice, but you can use brown rice or even cauliflower rice if that is your thing. Anything to soak up all that delicious satay sauce is what you are looking for!
Top with crushed peanuts and a few green onions and you have dinner on the table in just minutes!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chicken Satay Stir Fry Recipe
IngredientsFor the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 pound Chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice
- Chopped Peanuts
- Green Onion
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and onion to the hot oil, cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Stir and simmer for 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken, and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over rice topped with chopped peanuts and sliced green onions.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Asian, Peanuts, Chicken, Rice, Family Meals and Snacks, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Asian Recipes, Peanut Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Rice Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving