Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches RecipeMilisa Armstrong | Miss in the Kitchen
Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches are just the sandwich you need when you've got a lot of hungry people. They'll disappear before your eyes!
When my husband and I were dating, we would often grab lunch at a little taco joint that served the best chicken fried steak sandwiches. I normally stuck with the soft tacos, but once I took a bite of Tony’s chicken fried steak sandwich, I was hooked.
When my kids were little, they were always a little confused as to whether we were having steak or chicken. I would explain that it’s steak, fried like you fry chicken. (Unless, of course, you're making chicken fried chicken, which uses the breast!).
They would just shrug their shoulders and I knew they really just wanted to know how much longer until supper would be ready.
Sometimes I will cut the steak into small pieces and make chicken fried steak bites with country gravy. It’s totally irresistible as well, but is a bit more time consuming and a bit more of a mess.
So if I’m in a time crunch, chicken fried steak sandwiches are the way to go.
Tenderized steak is deep fried with a crispy coating and it is my ultimate comfort food. You can often find tenderized steaks on sale at the grocery store and I love that they make a quick and easy meal.
Think about serving them up with tater tots, mac and cheese or parmesan smashed potatoes.
To create the crispy coating, I season some all-purpose flour in one dish and then combine egg and milk in another. Dredging the tenderized steak in flour, then the egg and milk, and then back in the flour, coating it well. It’s then deep fried until crispy.
Ensuring your oil is hot will keep the coating from absorbing too much oil and being so greasy.
When that comfort food craving hits, these chicken fried steak sandwiches are sure to hit the spot. I added a new layer of deliciousness to these sandwiches by topping them off with my sriracha comeback sauce, which is a bit like spicy mayonnaise but 1,000 times better.
Cook these up and just watch them disappear!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1 1/2 pounds Cube Steak, Cut into 4 bun-sized pieces
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 4 Buns
- 1/3 cup Sriracha Comeback Sauce, Or spicy mayo
- Add oil to a large cast iron skillet and place over medium-high heat until oil reaches 350°F.
- Add egg and milk to a bowl and beat together until mixed well. Add flour, season salt and pepper to another bowl and mix until well combined.
- Dredge each steak in flour on both sides, dip into milk and then back into flour, coating both sides. Repeat with remaining steaks.
- Carefully add floured steaks into hot oil. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Spread Sriracha Comeback Sauce (or spicy mayo) to each bun and top with lettuce and a piece of the chicken fried steak. Top with remaining buns. Serve immediately.
- Milisa Armstrong
- Cooking Method:
- Deep Fried
- Deep Fried, Fried, Steak, Beef, Sandwiches, Lunches, Dinners, Southern, Spicy, Comfort Food
- Related Recipes:
- Deep Fried Recipes, Fried Recipes, Steak Recipes, Beef Recipes, Sandwich Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Southern Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Comfort Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Milisa Armstrong
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving