Broccoli Salad RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
This broccoli salad makes the perfect side dish to bring to a BBQ or potluck - it's quick and easy to make and everyone loves it. And it can be made ahead of time!
I have loved this broccoli salad since the first time I had it. It's one of my mother-in-law's recipes, and definitely one of my favourites.
Something about the creamy dressing combined with crunchy broccoli and almonds and sweet oranges and cranberries - it's absolutely delicious.
And bacon. Can't forget the bacon. That just makes it even better.
This is probably one of the easiest salad recipes ever. Chop up some broccoli, toss in a few other things, and mix up a dressing that only has a few ingredients and you're done.
It can be mixed up completely ahead of time if you like. I usually try to wait to throw in the almonds and mandarin oranges, just so nothing gets soggy, but the dressing can be mixed up and ready to go and the broccoli all chopped up so that tossing together the salad literally takes minutes when it's time to eat.
And really - we ate the leftovers of this salad for 3 days and it was absolutely fine, so if you need to completely mix it up a few hours ahead of time, it'll be fine.
Now that we're into BBQ season - you need to make this broccoli salad. It's the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck or make for your BBQ. Everyone loves it (well except my kids, but they're crazy), and it's so easy to make.
Minimal time, minimal ingredients, and it can be made ahead of time. I think that makes it the perfect salad!
Now if only I could convince my kids. Oh well, they can have their broccoli plain and boring - more broccoli salad for me that way!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Broccoli Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Salad:
- 5 cups Broccoli Florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 slices Cooked Bacon, crumbled, about 1/4 cup
- 1 10 ounce can Mandarin Oranges, drained, 284mL
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, regular or low fat
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Place the broccoli, bacon, mandarin oranges, almonds and cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, vinegar and honey until well combined.
- Drizzle it over the salad ingredients and toss to combine everything.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This salad can be made up ahead of time if you like, although the almonds and mandarin oranges should be added right before serving, if possible.
- You can also replace the mayo, paprika, garlic powder and dry mustard with 1/2 cup miracle whip if you prefer - just mix it with the vinegar and honey for the dressing.
- Stacey Mebs
- Cooking Method:
- Make Ahead
- Lunchbox, Salads, Easy, Make Ahead, Lunches, Side Dishes, Broccoli, Bacon, Oranges, Almonds, Cranberries, Dressings
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Salad Recipes, Easy Recipes, Make Ahead Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Broccoli Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Orange Recipes, Almond Recipes, Cranberry Recipes, Dressing Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving