Tomato Tortellini Soup RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Tomato Tortellini Soup - what’s better? This soup will have the whole family running to the dinner table.
Do you remember tomato soup as a kid? It might have come from a can, or sat next to a grilled cheese sandwich, but I’m sure every person that grew up in the seventies or eighties had it for lunch at least one time.
Well, this tomato tortellini soup is not the same as most people ate for lunch as a child. This soup is dinner worthy.
A big bowl with a salad and you have an easy but nourishing meal.
During the fall and winter months, I always have several kinds of homemade soup in my freezer. You can find containers of butternut squash or goulash soup just waiting to be reheated for dinner.
But then there is this soup, that never has a chance to make it to the freezer. If there are any leftovers, they are usually eaten for lunch the next day.
Even though this soup is vegetarian, it is definitely hardy enough as a meal. If I’m feeling fancy, I might make a spinach, grape and blue cheese salad on the side.
Or I might just cozy up with a bowl of this soup and an apple brandy hot toddy if it’s the weekend.
I usually make this soup with vegetable broth and cheese tortellini. But if you are a meat lover, you can always use beef broth and meat tortellini.
Or feel free to use any tortellini you like. We always have cheese, spinach and pesto tortellini in our refrigerator. They are a staple in our house if you need to make a quick meal.
I am not that fond of cold winter weather. But I do love soup. Make your cold nights better by serving your favorite soup.
Try this one and I think it might go on your dinner menu often!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 32 ounces Vegetable Broth
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 10-ounce package Fresh Cheese Tortellini
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes, garlic, tarragon and parsley to a medium size soup pan. Bring mixture to low boil over medium heat.
- Puree mixture with a stick or hand blender.
- Add tortellini and cook on low heat for about 7 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with parsley.
- You may substitute dried parsley for fresh – use 1 tablespoon.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Soups, Simmered, Tomatoes, Pasta, Cheese, Dinners, Family Meals and Snacks, Vegetarian
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Soup Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving