Steak Wrapped Asparagus RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Steak Wrapped Asparagus has delicious marinated steak wrapped around asparagus. Delicious with wild rice!
Just before the New Year, my husband and I started off on a journey for better overall health. Of course, the natural thing to think of is to start exercising, which we have both done, but we also had to redo our diet.
The tricky part for me was to eliminate all the snacking that I didn’t actually realize that I was doing.
Who knew that a little handful of chocolate chips actually has calories that, even though I say they don’t count… my body doesn’t agree! In this journey though, we realized most of our dinners were healthy already but we did need to do some tweaking.
For instance, replacing some not so great carbs for some better carb options and not as many carbs either. That led us to this delicious steak wrapped asparagus with a side of wild rice.
It was so good; I got excited just preparing it. I glazed it with balsamic vinaigrette, then baked it in the oven.
It’s honestly a one-dish meal too outside of the rice; however, that does not take long to prepare at all. It was certainly a win for dinner and one that we will now be making regularly.
It was also a delicious asparagus too; the asparagus was nice and tender with a little bit of crunch. I find sometimes asparagus can be a little too soft, this was just right.
I also added in some grape tomatoes too that provided a great boost of flavor too, those also received a nice glaze of vinaigrette too. The key here is to marinate the dish for a few hours before serving.
Personally, I think it’s best if you make it in the morning and let it marinate all day, then when you get home from work all you need to do is warm up the oven and bake it. That makes it a simple meal to prepare and have ready for dinnertime.
Are you ready for a bite? I am!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Steak Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 2 cups Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds Sirloin Steak, or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Wild Rice, cooked & prepared
- Trim the asparagus and slice the tomatoes if not already.
- Spray a 9x13-baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gather about 4-5 asparagus and wrap the thinly sliced steak around the asparagus.
- Place each steak bundle in the baking dish.
- Surround the steak and asparagus with the tomatoes.
- Mix together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the vinegar mixture over the entire dish.
- Let this marinate at least 1 hour in the fridge, up to 8 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven or until the top of the steak is browned, then carefully turn over the steak and bake an additional 10-20 minutes until fully cooked and the asparagus is tender.
- Serve over Wild Rice.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Dinners
- Gluten Free Dinners, Gluten Free, Beef, Asparagus, Easy, Easy Dinners, Tomatoes, Garlic, Roasted
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Beef Recipes, Asparagu Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Garlic Recipes, Roasted Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 530 minutes
Amount Per Serving