Sriracha Glazed Salmon with Asian Avocado Salsa RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Sriracha Glazed Salmon with Asian Avocado Salsa is a savory, spicy, and amazing dish that takes very little effort. You will love this!
I haven’t been eating enough fish lately. It’s been a steady rotation of chicken and flank steak in my kitchen lately, and I’m getting a little bored.
So what do I do with this boredom and craving for seafood?
I make THIS.
If I had to pick my favorite type of fish to eat, it would be salmon. There’s something about the hearty fish that holds a soft spot in my food-obsessed heart. I think it’s because I grew up eating salmon with my mom. It was one of those easy weeknight dinners she could whip up with some steamed broccoli after a long day at work.
Since I’ve been living the “adult life” (especially the adult single life), it’s become the same go-to meal for me too. It’s quick, easy, and after a long day of recipe testing, it takes no effort to make a great meal with.
Not to mention salmon doesn’t appear in the rotation that often for dinner parties, so I always feel like I’m getting a special treat when someone prepares it well.
This Sriracha glazed salmon carries so much depth of flavor; you wouldn’t guess that it takes mere moments to pull together. Yes, you do need to marinade the fish (and the longer it sits, the better it gets), but active cooking time is 10 to 15 minutes.
Yep, you read that right.
The salmon is spicy and savory, with a creamy coolness from the Asian avocado salsa in every bite — so essentially what I’d call a balanced meal.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Sriracha Glazed Salmon with Asian Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 pound Salmon, Cut into 2 pieces
- 1 Avocado, Peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- Add salmon to a large Ziplock bag. Whisk together Sriracha, agave, lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour the sauce into the bag and marinate the salmon for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- When it’s almost time to cook the salmon, combine all ingredients for the salsa in a medium bowl and stir gently to incorporate evenly. Set in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the skillet, searing on both sides for approximately 1 minute per side. Then place salmon flat-side down in the pan, pour the marinade over and cook covered for an additional 4 to 5 minutes (or until desired doneness is reached), basting every so often.
- Serve on top of white or brown rice with salsa spooned over the top.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Salmon, Seafood, Fish, Dinners, Spicy, Sauteed, Easy Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Fish Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Sauteed Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 140 minutes
Amount Per Serving