Spicy Chocolate Avocado Tart RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
A Spicy Chocolate Avocado Tart is the vegan-friendly dessert that’s cool, rich, and spicy. With a creamy smooth spicy chocolate avocado filling and an easy-to-make crumbly crust, the combination of flavors and textures will blow everyone’s mind.
It’s the dead of summer…
You know what that means. Spikes in temperature. Kids running around the neighborhood like crazy.
Insane increase on your electric bill because you have to pump the AC in order not to melt. You know, normal summer stuff.
SO, it’s about time for a cool dessert to refresh our palates with, am I right?
Now, before you all scream at me for bringing a dessert into your lives in the middle of swimsuit season, let’s all take a deeeeeeep breath. Not only is this dessert vegan-friendly, it’s HEALTHY.
That’s because the crust isn’t a traditional crust with tons of shortening or butter. The filling is also light because of the avocado being used to get that creamy chocolaty goodness.
It always amazes me how easy it is to use avocado as a healthy substitute for desserts in addition to using it for a healthier fat option for savory dishes.
You would think the flavor of the avocado would overpower the flavors in the recipe, but it honestly doesn’t.
You get all the creaminess of the avocado in this dish, but the flavors of chocolate, spice and a slight sweetness, instead of the actual avocado flavor.
Not to mention, it’s an incredibly easy dish to make. Most of the time spent making this dish is actually passive time, waiting for something to bake or chill.
You will spend about 15 minutes of actually active prep time for the recipe, making it simple and easy to serve up for a party or whatever gathering you have planned.
Plus, you can make it up to three days ahead of time! Simply store it in the refrigerator covered with foil until you are ready to serve.
Stay cool, my friends!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Spicy Chocolate Avocado Tart Recipe
IngredientsFor the Crust:
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, raw
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, grade A
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted, plus more for pan
- pinch of Salt
- 2 Avocados, medium, peeled, pitted and carved into large chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10-inch rectangular baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine coconut flakes, flours, and salt. Pulse until the mixture is in medium-sized crumbs.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil. Pulse for about 30 seconds until the mixture is like wet sand.
- Dump the crust mixture into the pan. Gently spread the crust to make an even layer on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Press the crust down firmly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. You can place the pan in the freezer for approximately 10 to 15 minutes to cool it down faster.
- Clean out the food processor and add all ingredients for the spicy chocolate filling.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, approximately 2 minutes. You can also do this in a high-powered blender, if desired.
- Add chocolate filling on the cooled crust and spread in an even layer. Cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with a little more cayenne pepper before serving.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Chocolate, Spicy, Desserts, Baking, Baked, Tarts, Pies, Vegan
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Tart Recipes, Pie Recipes, Vegan Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 165 minutes
Amount Per Serving