Slow Cooker Taco Meat RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Slow Cooker Taco Meat is a delicious dinner that's waiting for you at the end of the day. A must make.
We have found lately that my son absolutely LOVES tacos. He is constantly begging me to make tacos.
He keeps telling me that we need to have "Taco Tuesday" every week, so lately I am trying to get on board with that too, because it's just a lot less stress for me too.
One way that I like to make tacos easy is using the slow cooker. This is so simple to prepare on your way out the door in the morning.
Then, as you come home, dinner is ready to go! That is my kind of cooking.
I love using a homemade taco seasoning for these tacos so that I can control the spices going into the dish. Many times taco seasonings are not gluten free, when really I'm not too sure why you would need gluten items in taco seasoning, it's just not necessary.
That is why I love making my own and adding what we like into the spice mix!
When I make this meal, I like to brown the ground beef in advance. Many times I will brown ground beef and bag it in freezer safe bags to store for times like these when I need a quick and easy meal.
I prefer browning in advance of putting it in the slow cooker in order to get as much grease off the meat as possible.
Once the beef is browned, I simply place it in the slow cooker along with the seasonings, black beans, and salsa. Then, it's time for the slow cooker to do the work and me to go and do my own work.
We pile ours high inside taco shells that are nice and crispy, and then stuff them with all of our favorites like lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese of course. Next up, pair it with a tasty taco sauce too.
I like that the beans are already in the taco meat, which gives it even more protein too.
Do you have a favorite way to serve tacos? Share it with us!
Slow Cooker Taco Meat Recipe
IngredientsFor the Taco Meat:
- 1 pound Ground Beef, Cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dill
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Water
- Crunchy Taco Shells
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Taco Sauce
- Once the ground beef is cooked and drained, place it in a greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices to make the taco seasoning and evenly pour that over the beef.
- Top the beef with the black beans, salsa, and water.
- Stir it all together in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve in the corn taco shells topped with your favorite toppings.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Slow Cooker
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Slow Cooker, Crock Pot, Slow Cooked, Tacos, Tex Mex, Mexican, Beef, Ground Beef, Spicy
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Crock Pot Recipes, Slow Cooked Recipes, Taco Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Beef Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Spicy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 480 minutes
Total Time: 500 minutes
Amount Per Serving