Scrambled Eggs and Avocado Breakfast Tacos RecipeEthan Adeland | Feeding Ethan
Scrambled Eggs and Avocado Breakfast Tacos are a satisfying meal. Takes less than 10 minutes!
I’ve never been a morning person. A non-morning person isn’t usually very hungry and not very happy about not getting to sleep in until 10 a.m. Since cereal was never my thing, and scrambled eggs weren’t readily available, I used to eat leftovers for breakfast when I was a kid (and still do).
Leftover Chinese food for breakfast or waffles for dinner, it doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t equate certain wines with certain dishes, so I definitely don’t equate having to have certain meals during certain part of the day.
So when I was thinking of what kind of tacos to make, I knew I had to include eggs. They are so versatile and easy to prepare, especially the scrambled variety. I wanted to add something special to them so I opted for an avocado because avocado makes everything better. The goal is to find one that isn’t too ripe so it can stand up to getting scrambled with the eggs and still hold a bit of its firmness.
Breakfast for dinner is all kinds of amazing. The awesomeness usually starts when eggs are involved, but adding avocado into the mix just makes too much sense not to happen. Scramble them together and add some tortillas to the mix and it’s fiesta for any time of the day.
As much as I am a fan of Taco Night with 17 different bowls of toppings, this recipe is more of a one-stop taco shop. Everything can be chopped on one cutting board and assembled as soon as the eggs are done and the tacos are warm and toasty from the oven. Within ten minutes, breakfast, lunch or dinner is served. These anytime tacos are perfect for all hours of the day!
Cover Ethan's breakfast (brinner?) tacos with homemade taco sauce or pico de gallo, or both!
It's Taco Week on Food Fanatic sponsored by KitchenIQ. Follow along, make your own, and make sure to share them with us on Twitter and Facebook using #TacoWeek.
Disclosure: This post used to feature a giveaway provided to you by KitchenIQ. It is now over. The views and opinions expressed by contributors on Food Fanatic are based entirely upon the contributor's experiences with KitchenIQ products.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Scrambled Eggs and Avocado Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 3 Corn Tortillas
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1/2 Avocado, Cubed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro, For garnish
- Turn on oven to lowest temperature possible and place tortillas directly on middle rack.
- Place butter in frying pan on medium heat.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, scoop out one side and cut into cubes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add milk and beat well. Add avocado.
- Pour egg mixture into frying pan and scramble eggs until the preferred consistency.
- Remove tacos from oven.
- Divide the eggs evenly onto the tortillas.
- Garnish with tomatoes, cheese and cilantro.
- And enjoy!
- Ethan Adeland
- Tex Mex
- Tacos, Taco Week, Breakfasts, Brunches, Eggs, Avocados, Tex Mex, Mexican, Cooking for One, Easy, Vegetarian
- Related Recipes:
- Taco Recipes, Taco Week Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Egg Recipes, Avocado Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Cooking for One Recipes, Easy Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 serving
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Ethan Adeland
Recipe Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Amount Per Serving