Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner will become your family favorite. A one pan dinner ready in less than an hour!
Lately I have had an obsession with sheet pan dinners. I keeping seeing them on so many different food sites and they look so good. I’m all for getting meat, potatoes and vegetables all on the same pan. I’ve already made sheet pan chicken fajitas and a salmon sheet pan dinner.
These meals are convenient to make and there is very little clean up. When I looked in my freezer to plan dinner last week, I saw a package of turkey sausage. Of course, a sausage, asparagus and potato sheet pan dinner was born.
I always line my sheet pans with parchment paper or aluminum foil. No one likes to have to scrub pans and after dinner is served, all I have to do is throw away the liner. No elbow grease is needed.
In this sheet pan dinner, I wanted to go a little healthy so I used spicy turkey sausage and veggies. The potatoes, sausage, and peppers are put on the pan first; asparagus is then added towards the end of cooking time so it is not overcooked. No one likes mushy asparagus. Some chopped garlic is also mixed in with the veggies to give them lots of extra flavor.
My daughter just started a vegetarian diet while at college. She will be coming home for the summer so I am collecting some vegetarian recipes to try. Sweet potato sheet pan tacos sounds like a dinner she will love so that will be my next sheet pan dinner.
From start to finish, you can have this sausage dinner on the table in less than 45 minutes. While dinner is baking, you can whip up some sangria or even some Nutella mousse for dessert. This dinner is so easy to make that you’ll have more time to sit down around the table with your family.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Fingerling Potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Sweet Peppers, red or yellow, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Turkey Sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and peppers with the olive oil, half of the salt, garlic, thyme and black pepper.
- Spread the potato mixture on the cookie sheet along with the sausage. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While sausage is baking, place the asparagus in the bowl that the other vegetables were in. Toss them with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Place the asparagus on the sheet pan and bake for another 20 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Lisa Grant
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, One Pot Meals, Turkey, Asparagus, Family Meals and Snacks, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Turkey Recipes, Asparagu Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving