Red Rooibos Tea Sangria RecipeSusan Palmer | Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Red Rooibos Tea Sangria makes a crisp and refreshing way to start your summer party. Everyone will love this unique take on sangria!
Is it just me, or does everyone else start to immerse themselves in the culture of the chosen country they’ve decided to visit on vacation? Normally the big immersion starts after we get home and want to keep that vacation momentum going, but this time I’m starting early. Way, way early.
Think of it as a hint of what’s to come in the next few months because I’m off to London at the end of June, and right now I’m all about everything British. Of course I’ve always been a little bit of an Anglophile, but it’s amplified even more now that I’m in trip planning mode. While the sites and cities are an important part of the trip the food plays an even bigger role.
Tea is and always had been my go-to warm drink, and to go to a country where it is their drink is a big deal. Finally, I’ll be in a land where people don’t look at me weird for saying I don’t drink coffee!
In honor of my trip, I figured it’s the perfect excuse to make a tea cocktail. I know sangria isn’t exactly British, but tea is, and mostly definitely, so is the Pimm’s mixed in this Red Rooibos Tea Sangria. There really is nothing more refreshing that a glass of freshly brewed ice tea on a warm day or sangria or even a Pimm’s cup.
So it makes complete sense to just jumble everything together into one big cocktail, that’s ready to serve a crowd at spring and summer barbecues. I would even serve this right up with afternoon tea service!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Red Rooibos Tea Sangria Recipe
- 2 cups Brewed Red Rooibos Tea
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pimm's No.1 Liqueur
- 1 750 ml bottle Unoaked Chardonnay
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 1 cup Halved Strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Blackberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat dissolve the sugar with the red rooibos tea. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled tea in a large pitcher and fill with the Pimm’s, chardonnay, sliced lemons, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- Fill with ice and serve right away or place in the refrigerator without ice and chill until cool before serving.
- Susan Palmer
- Cooking Method:
- Cocktails, Drinks, Wine, Tea, Easy, Boiled
- Related Recipes:
- Cocktail Recipes, Drink Recipes, Wine Recipes, Tea Recipes, Easy Recipes, Boiled Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 pitcher
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Susan Palmer
Recipe Yields: 1 pitcher
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving