Sausage Cream Cheese Dip RecipeRebekah Garcia Kalinowski | Kitchen Gidget
Sausage cream cheese dip only takes 3 ingredients to make your party a hit! It’s the perfect appetizer for the holidays, Super Bowl or any gathering.
This dip can be kept warm in a slow cooker, although it’s usually devoured pretty quickly!
We’re huge fans of cream cheese dips. If you haven’t already, check out our popular post on how to make buffalo chicken dip!
Sausage, cream cheese and rotel combine in this super hearty, satisfying dip.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. I prefer the scoop-able kind since it’s such a substantial dip.
And if you happen to have any leftovers, serve over biscuits for a yummy lunch or snack!
Sausage Dip ingredients:
- A tube of bulk pork sausage is the kind you want for this recipe. The type you would use for country sausage gravy and biscuits.
- If you want to make this dip spicier, go for the hot flavored sausage!
- One can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. Again, you can adjust the spice level by going spicier with the tomatoes.
- Be sure to cube the cream cheese or it will take forever to melt.
- Using 2 blocks of cream cheese will produce a thick, hearty dip like the one in the pictures.
- If you use just 1 brick it will be creamier like a queso dip.
- You can also thin the dip out by adding a touch of milk.
Sausage Dip Variations
I absolutely love that this dip is as easy as 1-2-3, but there are some extras you can add if you want to take it up a notch!
- Cheese – sharp cheddar or Monterrey Jack would be phenomenal additions. Use freshly shredded and add up to one cup.
- Diced jalapeños – canned or fresh will add an extra spicy pop of flavor!
- Meat – some delicious substitutions include Mexican chorizo, leftover taco meat or meatless crumbles!
- Hot sauce – there are countless varieties, but our rotation consists of Tabasco, Valentina, Cholula and Frank’s. Add as much as you like!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound Pork Sausage
- 1 10 ounce can Chunky Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 8 ounce packages Cream Cheese, cubed
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage until cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain sausage on paper towels and remove any excess grease from pan.
- Return sausage to pan along with tomatoes and cream cheese. Stir over low heat until cream cheese has melted.
- Pour into serving dish or crock pot (warm setting). Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Want it to be less thick? Just use 1 package of cream cheese for a more queso-like dip!
- Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
- Cooking Method:
- Party Food
- Cheese, Cream Cheese, Sausage, Dips, Party Food, Appetizers, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Cheese Recipes, Cream Cheese Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Dip Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
Recipe Yields: 16 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving