Pear Pomegranate Mule RecipeSusan Palmer | Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Pear Pomegranate Mule has the winter fruits of summer all in one cocktail. Just what you want to celebrate the holiday season.
Filled with winter fruits and a spicy ginger kick, this pear pomegranate mule is just what you need to help out those winter blues. Fill it up in a festive copper mug, sit by a fire and watch the snow drift down.
Every few months I seem to develop a new cocktail obsession. For a long while, I was all about the Dark and Stormy and then I went through my Negroni phase, and while any bourbon drink will always be my number one choice – it seems I have moved on to the Moscow Mule.
I don’t know if it’s the pretty copper mugs that draw my attention or the fact that you can do practically anything with them and still retain that spicy gingery kick.
If you aren’t too familiar with the Moscow Mule, it’s the Dark and Stormy’s vodka cousin. There are a few variations on the original cocktail recipe, but most simply it’s lime juice, vodka and ginger beer.
The ginger beer is the most important part to get correct because you want that spicy finish at the end. Vodka itself is a blank canvas and you need the other ingredients to make the drink shine.
I’ve spotted a number of variations on the Moscow Mule at a few cocktail bars near me and decided it was time to try my hand at home. We’re in the depths of winter right now, and yes, while we might be thinking about hot drinks, don’t put aside a refreshing cocktail after a long week just yet.
This pear pomegranate mule might be chilling at first, but it’s filled with winter fruit and just perfect for the season. Mixed with pear nectar and just a splash of pomegranate juice for color and taste it’ll take you out of any winter doldrums feeling you may be having.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Pear Pomegranate Mule Recipe
IngredientsFor the Pear Nectar:
- 3 Ripe Pears, Any variety, cored and chopped
- 4 ounces Pear Nectar
- 1 1/2 ounces Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 Lime, Juiced
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 6 ounces Ginger Beer
- Ice Cubes
- Pomegranate Arils and Pear Slices, For garnish
For the Pear Nectar:
- Place the pears in your blender and puree.
- Place the puree over a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl and using a rubber spatula push the puree through.
- Toss the excess pulp remaining in the strainer. Leftover nectar can be frozen in an ice cube tray or stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the Pear Pomegranate Mule:
- Place the pear nectar in the bottom of a copper mug or a 12 ounce glass.
- Add the pomegranate and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Pour in the vodka and fill with ice.
- Pour over 6 ounces of ginger beer and garnish with pear slices and pomegranate arils before serving.
- Susan Palmer
- Cocktails, Easy, Christmas, Winter, Pears, Pomegranates, Vodka, Ginger, Party Food
- Related Recipes:
- Cocktail Recipes, Easy Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Winter Recipes, Pear Recipes, Pomegranate Recipes, Vodka Recipes, Ginger Recipes, Party Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 serving
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Susan Palmer
Recipe Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving