Peanut Noodles RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Easy peanut noodles with Asian sauce are a delicious way to get dinner on the table. Add shrimp, chicken or beef!
January is all about healthy eating, right? Everyone is trying to keep up their resolutions by going to the gym and eating a little better. I am all for it, but I am not willing to sacrifice flavor with my food. If it doesn’t taste good, I just won’t keep it up. If we are being honest here, there are only so many days I can have carrot sticks for a snack or salad for dinner.
That is why I am in love with these Asian noodles. They have veggies, low calorie shrimp, and tons of flavor from the peanut sauce. Peanut butter and shrimp have lots of protein. If you use a whole grain pasta you have fiber from that, and the veggies. So you have all sorts of good for you, and it tastes like you are eating take-out. Plus, it is ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta. Seriously, you can’t get a much quicker weeknight meal.
My husband absolutely loves these peanut noodles. He requests them pretty much every week. I sometimes switch up the protein and use chicken. I have been meaning to try pork tenderloin as well, I just haven’t yet. The veggies can be switched up to your liking as well. If you want to add cucumber or broccoli, go right ahead! My husband doesn’t like cilantro, so I leave it out, but I think that would make a great addition as well.
We all need dinners we can make in 20 minutes, and this is one of those. Keep the sauce recipe handy, and change up what you throw in. It couldn't get much easier. You may as well call this Monday Night Peanut Noodles, because even on a terrible Monday, it's even easier than waiting for the delivery guy.
Need more easy dinners for busy weeknights? We love Erin's rosemary garlic chicken thighs recipe and her beef taco skillet recipe too.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Noodles Recipe
IngredientsFor the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Boiling Water
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons Chili Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pound Jumbo Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces Pasta, like whole grain spaghetti
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dry Roasted Salted Peanuts, chopped
- Bring water to boil, and cook the pasta as directed on the box.
- To prepare the sauce mix all of the ingredients in a liquid measuring cups. Whisk or use a fork to mix until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Add shrimp, and sauté for about 3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- In a large bowl combine sauce, cooked shrimp, cooked pasta, bell pepper, carrots, and green onions. Toss until combined. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Erin S.
- Adapted from Cooking Light
- Cooking Method:
- Asian, Easy Dinners, Easy, Sauteed, Boiled, Shrimp, Peanut Butter, Dinners, Pasta
- Related Recipes:
- Asian Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Recipes, Sauteed Recipes, Boiled Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Peanut Butter Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Pasta Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Source: Adapted from Cooking Light
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving