Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies RecipeJocelyn Brubaker | Inside BruCrew Life
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies will have your kids up and dressed in no time, just so they can nosh on these tasty treats. Plus you'll use up those black bananas!
So last month my husband convinced me that we should do a workout challenge together. Lucky for me, he just meant we had to do the same thing, not actually workout at the same time.
I'm glad he clarified that because there is no way that I want to get up at 5 am to do these crazy workouts before having some coffee.
He decided that we would add 100 burpees into whatever else we decided to do for the day.
Yup! You read that right. ONE HUNDRED BURPEES! EVERY DAY! The crazy thing is that I agreed to the madness!
The first week was hard. I wanted to die. I wanted to quit. I wanted to give up and just eat brownies. But then it started to get a little bit easier.
Week after week, I started to notice that getting those extra 100 moves in wasn't as hard...or as bad.
And I started to notice some muscle definition starting to happen in my arms. That was a bonus I hadn't thought about when I started.
So, this month I upped the challenge. 100 burpees PLUS 100 wall balls. I must be crazy. Or insane.
Although, I think in order to get through another month of workout torture, I'm going to need to increase my chocolate consumption.
Modified, of course, because I do not want to ruin all that hard work.
The past few months I have been trying to come up with a few healthier desserts and breakfast treats that we can indulge on without all the extra calories.
So far, this Healthy Chocolate Lava Cake has my vote for the top recipe! I could eat it every single day!!!
I love keeping cups of these Low Carb Cherry Jello Parfaits in the fridge for an easy snack. The best part is that you can change up the flavor every time you make them.
And every time I pick up a bunch of bananas I make some healthy breakfast cookies.
Usually I add some protein powder, but this time I added some peanut butter powder in place of it. It was a nice change of pace.
Ingredients needed for Breakfast Cookies:
- Oats, Old Fashioned or Quick
- Cocoa Powder
- PB Fit Powder
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Coarse Ground Sea Salt
How to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies:
- Mash the bananas. Mix together the oats, cocoa, peanut butter powder, and banana in a bowl.
- Drop the mixture into 15 even scoops on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.
- Press each mound out with the palm of your hand and shape into a circle with your fingers.
- Press a few chocolate chips into the top of each cookie and sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove and let cool.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Mashed Banana, 2-3 medium bananas
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats, old fashioned or quick
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Powder, like PB Fit
- 4 tablespoons Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with a Silpat.
- Stir together the banana, oats, PB powder, and cocoa powder. Drop the mixture into 15 even scoops on the prepared pan.
- Press each one out flatter and use your fingers to smooth the edges into a circle.
- Press a few mini chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies and sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Jocelyn Brubaker
- Cooking Method:
- Make Ahead
- Breakfasts, Make Ahead, Baking, Baked, Cookies, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Bananas
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Make Ahead Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Peanut Butter Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Banana Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 15 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jocelyn Brubaker
Recipe Yields: 15 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving