Hot Chocolate Brownies RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Hot Chocolate Brownies are brownies that taste like hot chocolate. And topped with marshmallows and sprinkles--yum!
My daughter came up behind me and then suddenly I found myself running around to the other side of the car, hiding. Why? I was trying to sneak a hot chocolate brownie in my mouth without the kids seeing.
I thought she was already in the car and that my husband was in there as well, waiting on me. But I was surprised to find them all looking at me the second I walked out of the door.
“What’s taking so long, Mommy?” “Oh nothing, kids…” That would be about the time I’m shoveling it into my mouth, knowing it was the last one and I did not want to share. I’ll admit it, leave my brownies alone! My husband just snickered at me and shook his head. He shouldn’t be surprised, right? I mean we’ve been together more than a decade, he should know that I couldn’t resist brownies.
These brownies were perfectly chewy and sweet, pure goodness! I adapted my original brownie recipe to add a bit of hot chocolate mix and that really made these more of a milk chocolate taste instead of dark chocolate brownies. Of course, then the real treat was adding marshmallow bits and rainbow sprinkles to the top. What can I say; everything in life is better with sprinkles.
Now, I did let the kids have one, so do not feel too bad for them, they got to taste this goodness. I also made brownie sundaes with these too; that was the late night treat after the kids went to bed. I’ll just ignore the fact that I probably gained ten pounds and think about that tasty treat instead.
I already have more recipes to come with these. I’m thinking up parfaits, sundaes, cakes, and more!
Treat yourself and make a batch, you will not want to share either!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Hot Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour, Or gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Marshmallow Bits
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking cocoa, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer.
- Mix well until combined, and then pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Add marshmallow bits and sprinkles to the top of the brownie batter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until when a toothpick poked into the deepest part comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes, cut and serve.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Desserts, Baking, Baked, Chocolate, Brownies, Bar Desserts, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Gluten Free
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 8 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving