Oreo Ice Cream Cake RecipeAimee Shugarman | Shugary Sweets
Easy no-bake Oreo Ice Cream Cake is a fantastic treat no matter the time of year. Everyone will go ga-ga over it!
Long after school is back in session, the hot weather seems to continue. In fact, they've only just seemed to fade here. No matter the weather though, what better way to end our day than with a cool slice of Oreo Ice Cream Cake?
Ice Cream Cakes are so simple to put together. And really, you can use SO MANY combinations. Basically you line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with foil. Then you layer ice cream sandwiches and your favorite ice cream in the center. I added a crunchy layer of crushed Oreos with hot fudge sauce to my filling.
Once you have your layers done, freeze your cake for several hours or overnight. Remove from pan and frost with Cool Whip! Easy Peasy.
Think of all the combinations you can make with this simple dessert. Not only with your ice cream filling, but now they have come out with different flavors of ice cream sandwiches too! Or use Skinny Cow sandwiches and frozen yogurt to cut some calories! The sky is the limit!
I'm thinking you could even have some fun with the new vanilla flavored sandwiches and creamy, fruity sorbet. Imagine a lemon sorbet and vanilla ice cream cake! It's so easy to customize this dessert, and since it's no-bake, it makes an excellent alternative to pies and cakes that take up room in your holiday oven.
What combination would you make first?
Love Cookies ‘n Cream? Check out this fun Cookies ‘n Cream Fudge recipe, and don't miss this Oreo Cupcake Recipe too!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 6 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 15 oreos (Oreos, divided
- 1/4 cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with foil. Arrange 3 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan (may need to cut one in half).
- Top with softened ice cream, spreading it smoothly over the sandwiches.
- In a large Ziploc bag, crush 12 Oreo cookies with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs into a small bowl and mix in the hot fudge sauce using a fork.
- Spread mixture over ice cream. Top with 3 more ice cream sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and remove foil on top. Invert onto a rectangular plate. Remove foil.
- Spread thawed Cool Whip over cake.
- Crush remaining 3 Oreo cookies and sprinkle over the top of cake.
- Enjoy immediately or return to the freezer.
- Cake will stay fresh for up to one week in freezer, if covered with foil or plastic wrap.
- Aimee Shugarman
- Cooking Method:
- No Bake
- Oreos, Ice Cream, No Bake, No Cook, Chocolate, Frozen Treats, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Oreo Recipes, Ice Cream Recipes, No Bake Recipes, No Cook Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Frozen Treat Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 ice cream cake
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Aimee Shugarman
Recipe Yields: 1 ice cream cake
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Total Time: 180 minutes
Amount Per Serving