Orange creamsicle fudge is just dreamy. Your favorite ice cream truck treat, in fudge form.
When we lived in Ohio there was this ice cream shop that served a delicious soft serve Orange Twist cone.
It was Orange Sherbet swirled with Vanilla Ice Cream. Much like a Creamsicle, but served on a cone!
To get that same flavor, you can also put vanilla ice cream and pour Orange Crush soda over it to make and Orange Float. DELICIOUS.
Or, you can achieve that same delicious flavor by making Orange Creamsicle Fudge. Serve this fudge chilled for best flavor!
A few notes about making fudge:
· Have all your ingredients on hand before starting. Line an 8inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
· Add your white chocolate chips and marshmallow cream to a mixing bowl before starting (no need to stir, just dump them in there).
· When you boil your sugar, cream and butter mixture bring it to a ROLLING BOIL. No need for a candy thermometer, just set a timer for 4 minutes. Stirring constantly, continue to boil.
· After 4 minutes, pour this hot mixture over your white chocolate chips and marshmallow. Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth (and white chocolate is melted). Mine takes about 1 minute. Immediately pour HALF OF THIS MIXTURE into prepared baking dish.
· To the remaining half, add your Orange extract and 1-2 drops of Orange gel food coloring. Mix until smooth and pour this quickly over the white fudge in the dish.
· REFRIGERATE for 3-4 hours until firm. Slice and enjoy. This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, however, I LOVE the Orange Creamsicle flavor chilled!
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!