One Pan Roasted Chicken & Vegetables RecipeChristina Lane | Dessert for Two
One Pan Roasted Chicken & Vegetables is dinner perfection. The smallest amount of dishes from an amazing dinner ever.
If you were a fan of my one-pan homemade Salisbury steak and Roasted Potatoes dinner, you’re going to love this chicken iteration.
One-pan meals take little to no prep work, and only one dish to wash—the pan you roast them on. If you want to take it a step further, line the sheet pan with foil and you just might not have to wash the pan either. Better yet: disposable pans!
For this meal, you just throw the meal together, and then set the oven timer. You’re free to catch up on your favorite TV show, or just relax for the next 45 minutes while dinner cooks.
However, this recipe has one extra step because the chicken takes a bit longer to bake than the vegetables, so we’re going to start cooking the chicken first. We’ll add the vegetables after the chicken has had a chance to bake. Everything will still be ready at the same time.
Let’s get started!
First, we make a flavorful rub for the chicken out of mayonnaise, lemon zest and dried garlic. After smearing the chicken on all sides with the mixture, we let it bake for 30 minutes on its own.
In the meantime, chop your favorite vegetables to roast. I love roasted broccoli because it becomes nutty in the oven. Carrots are another family favorite in my house because they just seem to get sweeter after a hot bake in the oven.
But use whatever vegetables your family prefers. Green beans would be great, asparagus, even Brussels sprouts. Anything! After 30 minutes has elapsed, add the vegetables to the same pan as the chicken, and roast for another 15 minutes. Then you’re done—one pan, easy clean-up dinner!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
One Pan Roasted Chicken & Vegetables Recipe
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, do not use light!
- Lemon Zest, from one whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Whole Chicken Legs, with Thigh and Drumstick attached (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 large Carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli Florets, clean
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a large sheet pan with a rim with foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, dried garlic, parsley, and cayenne pepper if using. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Smear this mixture evenly over both chicken legs. Place the chicken legs on the center of the baking sheet, skin-side up. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the carrots into sticks and toss them in a bowl with the broccoli florets. Toss with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. It might not seem like enough oil at first, but the chicken gives off some oil on the pan while it bakes.
- After the chicken has baked for 30 minutes, flip the legs over, then add the vegetables around the edge of the pan. Continue to roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- Test the internal temperature of the chicken before eating: it should be at least 165°F in the deepest part of the thigh.
- Christina Lane
- Cooking Method:
- Cooking for Couples, Dinners, Easy Dinners, Chicken, Roasted, Vegetables
- Related Recipes:
- Cooking for Couples Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Roasted Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Christina Lane
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Amount Per Serving