Roasted Broccoli RecipeWendy Kirby | La Phemme Phoodie
This roasted broccoli recipe is combined with cauliflower to create a simple, healthy side dish.
The process of roasting vegetables is so simple yet underrated. There is no need to coat vegetables with cheese or breadcrumbs and multiple seasonings. The best way to bring out the natural flavor and texture of most vegetables is to simply roast them with just a few seasonings.
I only recently discovered the beauty of roasted vegetables. I grew up in a home where most vegetables were boiled or steamed beyond recognition. Many people my age seem to have the same childhood memories of mushy vegetables that lacked any taste or texture. The best part about roasting vegetables is that there is very little preparation and very little cleanup involved.
I am a huge fan of spicy food. While this dish is full of flavor without the red pepper flakes, I like to kick up the heat level by including the flakes. If you or your family does not like spicy food leave the flakes out for a mellow flavor.
This simple side dish will please even the pickiest eaters and erase any childhood memories of overcooked vegetables.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets
- 4 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower florets. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture over the broccoli and cauliflower and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Place seasoned florets on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly tender and lightly browned.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Wendy Kirby
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Side Dishes
- Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Broccoli, Egg Free, Roasted, Side Dishes, Vegetables, Cauliflower
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Broccoli Recipes, Egg Free Recipes, Roasted Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Cauliflower Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Posts:
Author: Wendy Kirby
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving