Mexican Breakfast Biscuit Bake RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
This Mexican Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit Bake is the all-in-one casserole that your weekend breakfast spread is begging for. Filled with plenty of spices, crispy bacon, eggs, cheese, biscuits, and topped with avocado, it’s a simple recipe to whip up! You’ll love making this time and time again.
When it comes to making breakfast for a group, I want it to be downright simple.
Let’s face it, when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I want to do is linger in bed and drink a cup of coffee.
I hardly want to drag myself out of bed to cook a complicated recipe.
Will I do it? Yes.
Does this happen often? NOPE.
Hey, I’m just being real over here. Most weekend mornings, I want to take it easy and slowly wake up before getting into the day.
That’s why I love a casserole breakfast bake recipe like this one.
This biscuit bake is packed with the classic eggs, bacon, and cheese combination, with some extra bold pops of flavorful spices.
The biscuits puff up so they are nice and fluffy, with dots of crispy bacon and gooey cheese throughout.
The whole thing is hearty and satisfying, with the chopped avocado on top bringing a cooling element to the party.
Preparing the bake is a total breeze, with only 10 minutes of prep time (and a great way to use up any leftover chopped cooked bacon you have lying around).
Then the oven does the rest of the work so you can enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee - or maybe a mimosa....
You could even indulge in one of my peach breakfast martinis while you wait for it all to bake up.
Cut it into slices and serve with your favorite toppings! My personal faves are cilantro, sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce.
However, you can also throw extra cheese on top or even some salsa verde if that’s more your style.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Mexican Breakfast Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion, (yellow)
- 6 Buttermilk Biscuits
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Cooked Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large Avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add onion and cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 even pieces. Place in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pepper, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper until well-combined. Stir in bacon, onion, and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits in the pan. You may need to spread the mixture around slightly over the top to evenly distribute the cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The edges should be golden and the center should be set. Top with remaining cheese and return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before topping with chopped avocado. Serve immediately with recommended toppings, as desired.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Avocados, Tex Mex, Biscuits, Bacon, Eggs, Salsa, Baked, Breakfasts, Brunches
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Biscuit Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Egg Recipes, Salsa Recipes, Baked Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Amount Per Serving