Carne Asada Nachos RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
When I want the best nachos EVER, I reach for the carne asada nachos. With this carne asada, you get all the flavor without hours of work, along with plenty of cheese, veggies, avocado, hot sauce, and MORE.
Nachos are kinda a thing for me. More like an obsession.
I remember when I first struck out on my own, after quitting a corporate marketing gig.
This was a time when nachos were a staple in my diet.
I didn’t have a ton of money to burn as I was saving and trying to make this whole food blogger/recipe developer/food photographer thing work.
So I made nachos. All. The. Time. They weren’t fancy nachos. Actually they were a little sad and boring.
But as I made those nachos on the daily, I thought of all the ways I could up the deliciousness factor of them and started making a list.
I’ve made the classic loaded nachos and I’ve even made bite-sized nachos with hatch green chile and fries.
These carne asada nachos have been on that list for a long time. I LOVE carne asada, but I’ve always wanted to find a way to make it at home that doesn’t give me a headache.
I want nachos NOW so I don’t want to wait for a marinade.
This is my shortcut workaround for carne asada that makes a really flavorful meat, ideal for topping chips along with all the other fixings that I personally love to see on nachos.
I love to combine a couple different types of cheeses, along with a drizzle of queso on my nachos because it’s OH SO YUM.
The heavy dairy gets broken up by the savory meat, tons of vegetables, and freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
Every bite is loaded with flavor and the way that I make them really puts the whole pan of goodness over-the-top.
I LAYER FOR A REASON PEOPLE.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Carne Asada Nachos Recipe
IngredientsFor the Carne Asada:
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- zest of one Lime
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Skirt Steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces Tortilla Chips
- 8 ounces Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Pico de Gallo, homemade or store-bought
- 1 Avocado, halved, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream, or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 2 Limes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together white vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is simmering, add steak and sauce mixture. Cook until the steak is browned and the sauce is reduced. This will take about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet. Top with half the cheese, half the jalapeno slices, and half the steak. Repeat these layers with remaining chips, cheese, jalapeno, and steak.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Top with pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Party Food
- Avocados, Steak, Nachos, Cheese, Sauteed, Party Food, Easy Dinners, Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Steak Recipes, Nacho Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Sauteed Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Exclusive Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6-8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving