Looking for some ideas for a light breakfast? Here are lots of delicious ways to start the day!
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The problem is that not all of us wake up hungry, in which case it's a good idea to opt for a light breakfast instead.
But just because you may prefer a light breakfast in the mornings does not mean it needs to be boring! If you are looking for ideas beyond yogurt, oatmeal or buttered toast, we have some great suggestins for you that will change up your breakfast game.
Egg muffins are just perfect if you're not too hungry in the mornings but want a healthy start to the day.
Not only are they light, they are the perfect grab and go breakfast and are easily customizable to match your preferences. It's entirely up to you whether you want eggs muffins loaded with veggies or oozing with cheese!
Egg muffins are ideal for batch cooking and you can freeze them, so they are perfect for meal prepping! We love using a large muffin tray and making a few flavor varieties of egg muffins to keep them interesting.
Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
Or, try this delicious recipe that makes 12 muffins:
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup spinach
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons onion, diced
4 oz prosciutto, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tray and put it to one side.
2. Whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix in the parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, onion, feta and prosciutto. Distribute the mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
4. Pour the egg and parmesan mixture over the top of each cup until nearly full.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and cool slightly before serving.
Whilst plain old yogurt may be a bit of a boring light breakfast option, you can make it more interesting by creating a delicious parfait!
Layers of yogurt mixed with granola and other additions like fresh fruit or nuts, makes this option another great one for customization.
Why not try these fun parfait recipes?
Or can we tempt you with a delicious granola nectarine yogurt parfait?
2 large spoonfuls of Greek yogurt
Handful of your favorite granola
2 nectarines, cubed and 1 slided for garnish
Pulp of 2 passionfruit
Tablespoon of mint leaves
Sprinkle of coconut flakes
1. In a dessert glass, add half of the granola. Layer with half of the yogurt, followed by half the nectarine and passionfruit pulp.
2. Repeat until you have used everything up.
3. Sprinkle mint leaves and coconut and lay a slice of nectarine over on top. Voila!
If you are looking for more light breakfast inspiration, why not give these recipes a try?
I'm a mom of 5 and love making healthy baby food with wholesome, natural ingredients. In 2005 I started the Homemade Baby Food Recipes website, sharing recipes for everything from simple fruit purees to gourmet curries for the baby food connoisseur! You'll also find plenty of tried and tested tips to help encourage even the most reluctant diner to enjoy a wide range of nutritious new foods. If you enjoy cooking, then you will LOVE learning to become head chef for a very special little customer!Tags: Breakfasts, Eggs, Muffins, Yogurt, Healthy Eating, Healthy