Savory Breakfast Muffins RecipeAmber Bracegirdle | Bluebonnet Baker
Savory Breakfast Muffins make a great change of pace from all those pieces of cake masquerading as health food because they don't have frosting. Whip some up and start the day off right.
Breakfast - the most important meal of the day! Have you ever wondered why people say that?
For starters, you're breaking a fast - the long period overnight that you go without consuming any food as fuel.
Without fueling up in the morning it's likely could feel sluggish or experience low energy levels.
Eating within two hours of waking is most beneficial as it kickstarts your blood sugar levels (glucose) which is used as energy.
In addition to cranking up your body to get you started for the day, eating breakfast is ideal for helping keeping you alert and focused.
This makes you more likely to be able to remember and recall information better than you would if you had not eaten.
That is why you will often hear people recommending you eating before a big test or important meeting.
What's more, eating protein as a part of your breakfast helps to keep you feeling full for longer, so you are less likely to snack throughout the day or make unhealthy food choices.
The challenge with breakfast is that oftentimes we are busy and do not have the time to sit and properly enjoy a meal in the mornings.
The good news? Many breakfast ideas lend themselves well to grab and go solutions, especially these savory breakfast muffins.
They're packed with protein, whic is ideal first thing in the morning to help keep you full and alert.
Make Breakfast Muffins Ahead of Time
Prepping your breakfast ahead of time saves you so much more time (and often money!) in the long run.
Rather than stopping at a fast food drive through, you can have a delicious, healthy breakfast and set yourself up for a good day ahead.
These breakfast muffins are very versatile, so you can swap around the ingredients to suit your preferences.
Why not consider some of these combinations?
- Broccoli and egg
- Jalapeños, cream cheese and egg
- Spinach, cheese and egg
- Sun dried tomatoes, spinach, goat’s cheese and egg
How to Make the Best Breakfast Muffins
To make your muffins the best they can be, follow these tips for success:
- Use silicone cups to prevent your muffins from sticking - they will simply pop out of the silicone casing!
- Only fill your cups to about 1/2 full and at the most 2/3 full. The egg will cause them to fluff up and they may run over otherwise, creating a mess.
- Make sure you chop your veggies well so they are bite-sized and cook thoroughly when baking.
How to Meal Prep Breakfast Muffins
Want to make a weeks’ worth ahead of time?
Simply double, triple or even quadruple the recipe.
You can simply pop your cooled muffins into zip-top freezer bags and freeze them.
When you are ready for a muffin, take out what you need and defrost for one minute in the microwave.
Then heat for 30 seconds to a minute, checking they are warm enough for your liking.
Alternatively, pop them into the fridge the night before and enjoy cold!
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
Want to try another delicious breakfast on the go? These Vegan Carrot Muffins are super delicious and nutrient-dense!
These Protein Waffles also fuel you perfectly for busy day of work.
Or try this Mexican Breakfast Biscuit Bake, which is also easy to prep in advance!
Savory Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 10 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Diced Onion
- 4 ounces Prosciutto
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tray and put it to one side.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix in the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, onion, feta and prosciutto. Distribute the mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Pour the egg and parmesan mixture over the top of each cup until nearly full.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool slightly before serving.
- Amber Bracegirdle
- Healthy Eating
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Healthy Eating, Easy, Muffins, Feta Cheese, Tomatoes
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Easy Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Feta Cheese Recipes, Tomato Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Posts:
Author: Amber Bracegirdle
Recipe Yields: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving