Lemon Mascarpone Grilled Cheese RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
Lemon Mascarpone Grilled Cheese for dessert. Yes, dessert. Dessert grilled cheese may just be the best idea ever.
Have you ever been so desperate for dessert that it became an obsession? Usually I have an abundance of baked goods in my kitchen such as cookies or brownies. Since they are abundant, I only nibble at them here or there.
Every once in a while, I don’t have any time to bake and that’s when my obsessive dessert cravings go into overdrive. I kick myself for taking all my baked goods I used to have for granted. Or worse, I curse myself for not being better about hoarding desserts and hiding them throughout the house.
These are the days I am tempted to dig into my supply of unsweetened chocolate. Heck if I smother it with peanut butter, I could convince myself it’s a Reese Cup right? Or maybe I could open up the marshmallow fluff and dig in with a spoon?
Then I remember I have lemons, and I have eggs, and I have sugar. With the help of my trusty dusty microwave I could be digging into tart lemon curd in a matter of minutes!
Lemon curd is one of my favorite things in the world. Give me the choice between lemon curd and ice cream and I’ll choose the lemon curd every time. It is mouth-puckering goodness that can be eaten with anything. Even cardboard would taste good with lemon curd.
The ideas kept swirling about in my head - I was going to feast on dessert sandwiches tonight! I grabbed the mascarpone that I had sitting in the fridge and the pound cake from the freezer. While those two came to room temperature, I made my lemon curd. The rest as they say, is history!
I got my skillet and added a swirl of butter then I toasted one side of my pound cake, spread on the mascarpone and added a lovely dollop of lemon curd. Before I knew it I was digging into the sweetest sandwich! It tasted like cake AND lemon meringue pie all at once! The lemon curd melted perfectly into the mascarpone. Each bite was tart and creamy. I was in dessert heaven!
I need to go without baking more often. I come up with the best desserts!
We couldn't agree more, Tanya! Want to start your meal with a savory sandwich? Don't miss Tanya's Jalapeño Turkey Burgers Recipe or The Rachel Sandwich.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Lemon Mascarpone Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 6 tablespoons Microwave Lemon Curd
- 4 ounces Mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Butter
- 1 loaf Pound Cake
- Slice pound cake into 12 slices.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Swirl a teaspoon of butter in the skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone and powdered sugar.
- Spread a teaspoon of cheese on one side of pound cake. Place cake (cheese side up) on hot skillet.
- Place a generous dollop (about a tablespoon) of lemon curd on cheese and top with another slice of pound cake.
- Toast sandwich for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Carefully flip sandwich over and toast the remaining side.
- Proceed with remaining slices of pound cake.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Cooking Method:
- Desserts, Sandwiches, Grilled, Grilled Cheese, Lemons, Easy, Cakes
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Sandwich Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Grilled Cheese Recipes, Lemon Recipes, Easy Recipes, Cake Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 sandwiches
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 6 sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving