Homemade Mini Corn Dogs RecipeMilisa Armstrong | Miss in the Kitchen
Homemade Mini Corn Dogs are a great appetizer or snack that'll disappear quickly. Dip them in your favorite sauce!
Some weekends I make huge dinners and the whole family comes over. Other times I just make a bunch of appetizers and everyone eats as they come through. I've had these mini corn dog bites on my mind for quite some time, and this past weekend they finally happened.
I used my favorite skillet cornbread recipe, which is totally the best ever, for the batter and mini smoked sausages for the dogs. These little bites are the perfect finger food for fun times with the family or your next party.
Add your favorite dipping sauces and you are set. Ketchup is like its own food group at my house, but I stepped up the sauce game by offering Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce, Comeback Sauce, and good old ranch dressing. You can go with ketchup and yellow mustard if that's what makes you happy.
This makes a pretty big batch and would be easy to make ahead. Just let them cool and place in an airtight container, or zip top bag. Refrigerate them and then reheat in a 400°F oven or toaster oven.
The kids would go crazy for these homemade mini corn dogs as an after school snack. As the days get longer, our dinner schedule gets completely out of whack. There's just no telling when the guys will be in for dinner, so I try to have a good snack for Emmet and something everyone can grab before dinner is ready.
Speaking of summer, we are starting to count the days until school is out. Come on summer time! I'm hoping to have a little more time on the lake than we did last summer. The lake stayed flooded until August, and of course we were building like crazy. Now that the house is done and we are moved in, I hope we can do some fun things.
I'd love to hear about your summer plans as well!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Homemade Mini Corn Dogs Recipe
- 1 28 ounce package Little Smokies, Drained
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil, For frying
- Skewer Sticks, Cut into thirds for serving, optional
- Drain liquid from little smokies and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and stir until well combined, with no lumps.
- Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in a large pan or French oven to 350°F.
- Add little smoked sausages a few at a time into batter.
- Shake off excess batter and carefully drop into oil.
- Fry 6-8 at a time and roll around to brown on all sides.
- Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove to a paper towel lined wire rack to drain and cool slightly.
- Repeat with remaining sausages. Insert skewer sticks if desired.
- Serve with your favorite sauces.
- Milisa Armstrong
- Cooking Method:
- Fried, Snacks, Appetizers, Party Food, Sausage, Easy, Deep Fried
- Related Recipes:
- Fried Recipes, Snack Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Easy Recipes, Deep Fried Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Milisa Armstrong
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving