Hawaiian Chicken Tacos. These fun, flavorful tacos are loaded up with sweet and spicy grilled Hawaiian chicken. Top with juicy pineapple for a tropical treat!
These Hawaiian Chicken tacos are such a fun twist on a classic taco. After visiting the beach recently, I had a craving for some sweet and spicy grilled chicken.
And I was devastated when I was NOT able to find exactly what I was wanting. So, I created it at home after our vacation!
How to make Hawaiian Chicken Tacos:
These Hawaiian chicken tacos are such a fun version of a taco! I love tacos, classic ground beef tacos are one of my go to comfort foods.
But tacos are one of those things you can easily change up and make with whatever fillings you want or have on hand!
- To start we will prep our Hawaiian chicken. This is a recipe that comes together easily, but it does take some time to marinate to get the best flavor. So make sure to leave some time to let this step happen.
- Cook the chicken. After marinating for 3-6 hours (try not to do overnight because of the pineapple juice in the marinade, it can make your chicken slightly mushy if left too long) cook the chicken either on a grill, grill pan, or other large skillet.
- Chop the chicken once it’s cooked. Remember chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 to be considered safe to eat according to FDA regulations.
- Make your tacos! Fill the corn tortillas with the chopped chicken and add any other toppings you want!
What toppings can I add to Hawaiian Chicken Tacos?
- Grilled pineapple is one of my favorites!
- This pineapple salsa is also perfect for spooning onto these tacos.
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Pickled jalapeños
- Whatever else you want and think will taste good!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!