Grilled Cilantro Lime Beef Skewers with Jalapeño Avocado Dipping Sauce RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Sun’s out, grill’s out! At least that’ll be your new motto once you get a taste of these Grilled Cilantro Lime Beef Skewers with Jalapeño Avocado Dipping Sauce. The tangy fresh flavor of the rich with the cooling jalapeño avocado dipping sauce is a summery combination no one can resist.
Ever since I hung out for a night with the Colorado Beef Council and Sprouts, I’ve been all about grilling beef. From flank steak to strip steak, filet to T-bone, whenever beef hits the grill it’s like a magical song.
The sizzle from the grill when the steak hits the grill, the roar of the flames when the juices drip between the grates, and the sound of a crisp beer being cracked open as you wait for the steak to cook to the perfect temperature… It’s the one song I can’t share in my Wednesday Slice Song of the Week shout out and oh-so wish that I could.
The simple art of grilling beef is one that I cherish during the summertime.
It makes every meal more special, even if it’s a simple grilled steak and some veggies on a random weeknight.
When you cook up these beef skewers, just listen for that magical grilling song. The cilantro lime marinade on the steak makes it extra juicy and tender.
The goal is to get a good sear on both sides of the beef. There is a caramelizing action that happens on the steak that really makes these skewers out-of-this-world delish.
Then the jalapeño avocado dipping sauce brings in a cooling element to the dish that pairs wonderfully with the hearty and rich flavors of the beef.
You can serve up the skewers with the dipping sauce or you can make tacos out of the meat, using the dipping sauce as a topping!
It’s an appetizer everyone will love, and it’s a dinner that will have your weeknight routine screaming THANK YOU!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Beef Skewers with Jalapeño Avocado Dipping Sauce Recipe
IngredientsFor the Cilantro Lime Beef Skewers:
- 1-2 pounds Flank Steak, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- juice from one Lime
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 jalapeños Jalapeño
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper for the steak.
- Add sauce to a Ziplock bag, along with the flank steak. Refrigerate and marinade for 2 to 3 hours.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, salt and pepper for the sauce. Puree on high until combined. Add to a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Soak wooden skewers in a shallow baking dish filled with cold water for 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Skewer one piece of thinly sliced flank to each wooden skewer.
- Heat grill or grill pan to high heat. Once hot, add beef skewers and grill until cooked to desired doneness. For medium rare, grill for 2 minutes per side.
- Serve skewers immediately with avocado dipping sauce.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Beef, Cilantro, Limes, Grilling, Grilled, Sauces, Easy, Mexican, Spicy, Appetizers, Party Food, Summer
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Beef Recipes, Cilantro Recipes, Lime Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Easy Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Summer Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 140 minutes
Amount Per Serving