Greek Salad RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
This simple Greek salad is the perfect side dish - the homemade dressing takes just minutes to make, and the salad can even be mixed up ahead of time! It doesn’t require any cooking, making it even easier.
This simple Greek salad is one of my favourite side dishes to make, especially in the summer. It's good any time of year of course, but for some reason it really hits the spot on a hot summer day.
All those fresh veggies I suppose (in a salad that can easily be made ahead of time and still tastes fantastic) and the lemony dressing - it's just perfect in the summer.
We love this salad with grilled chicken or fish and some garlic bread - a simple, easy and delicious meal - which is what we all want in the summer, right?
Even with all the chopping, this Greek salad comes together quite quickly. The dressing mixes up in no time at all and you can even toss it all together well before eating.
It's one of those salads where the veggies actually stay crisp and delicious even after the dressing is added. Although you could certainly just get it all ready to go and toss the salad with the dressing right before eating if you like.
I really love that every time I make this salad we can enjoy the leftovers for several days and it still tastes fantastic - most salads are no good after they've sat for a bit with the dressing on them!
It's definitely a good thing this one stays tasty for days because my kids are not fans - so my husband and I end up eating a LOT of Greek salad whenever I make it. It makes absolutely no sense to me that the kids won't eat it because they all love every component in this salad except for the onions.
But mixed together? Horrible. Obviously.
Kids are weird.
I'm going to miss the leftovers when they realize how good this Greek salad is.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Greek Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Salad:
- 2 cups Chopped Cucumber
- 2 cups Grape Tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 Bell Peppers, any colour
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Black Olives, or kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over top of the salad and toss to combine.
- Chill until ready to serve, leftovers keep well in the fridge for up to three days.
- Stacey Mebs
- Adapted from this Greek quinoa salad.
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Lunchbox, Salads, Vegetarian, Dressings, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers, Feta Cheese, No Cook
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Salad Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Dressing Recipes, Cucumber Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Onion Recipes, Pepper Recipes, Feta Cheese Recipes, No Cook Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Source: Adapted from this Greek quinoa salad.
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving