Gluten Free Spring Rolls RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten Free Spring Rolls can be an appetizer or snack. Everyone will love these!
I have a newfound love for rice paper, friends. Yes, it’s weird, I know. When you are gluten-free and craving egg rolls, it is just naturally the next best option. Of course, I suppose I could make gluten free egg rolls, but spring rolls are just so much simpler!
This past week, we had a little feast with fried rice, sesame chicken, and spring rolls. I decided to use what I had on hand to make these; however, you can really get creative and add any veggies you would like. I think next time I will likely add shredded carrots to the mix as well to give it a bit more color.
This particular time, I added lettuce, cilantro, and onion mixed with cooked rice and garlic. Then, I simply wrapped them in the rice paper. If this is your first time using rice paper, don’t be afraid! It’s actually so simple to use; you simply place each sheet in warm water, then remove it and it should be soft enough to use. I laid it flat on a plate, and then added the filling and wrapped it up.
That’s right, no baking involved! These are great as an appetizer when having dinner guests over too. I like to serve mine with soy sauce, but you can always get even more creative with the sauce. A good teriyaki sauce would be tasty too.
My husband and I had a little date night at home and these were the perfect appetizers. I think even adding a little chicken or pork to them would be tasty too, although I know many enjoy the vegetarian aspect. These tend to be perfect when guests come over, especially for those who may not eat meat because they can easily be meat-free.
Have you ever tried homemade spring rolls? What is your favorite variation?
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Spring Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup Cooked White Rice, Cold
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Sweet Onion, Diced
- 4 leaves Lettuce, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed
- 8 Rice Paper Wrappers
- Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce, For dipping
- Prepare the rice as instructed on package if not already cooked and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet, then add in the onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add in the lettuce, cilantro, ginger, and garlic. Stir well to coat.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rice.
- Place a rice paper wrapper in warm water to soften it, then place it on a plate, laying it flat. Fill it with about 1/2 cup of the filling and fold up to create the spring roll.
- Continue to do this with the remaining rice paper wrappers.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
- Kristy Still
- Adapted from All Recipes
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Appetizers, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Easy, Asian, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Easy Recipes, Asian Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Source: Adapted from All Recipes
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
Amount Per Serving