Gluten Free No Bake Cookies RecipeErin D. | Texanerin Baking
Gluten Free No Bake Cookies are a quick and easy treat, whether you're gluten free or not. Great for lunch boxes too!
I get way too many late night chocolate cravings and I'm much too impatient to heat up the oven. That's where these gluten-free no-bake cookies come into play! They come together in less than 10 minutes and are relatively healthy for a cookie.
These no-bake cookies are naturally sweetened with honey and have a load of nut butter in them, which in my opinion, is always a good thing. You can use any type of nut butter but I always go with homemade peanut butter. It only requires a food processor and peanuts. That's it!
Whether you use quick or rolled oats is up to you. I've made these with both and while I preferred them with quick oats (that's what's pictured), others preferred them with rolled oats. I guess you'll just have to make these twice to figure out which one your family prefers!
These are also super allergy-friendly. You can use any milk you like, making these dairy-free, and you can replace the honey with agave for a vegan version. But the best part is that these cookies taste like "regular" no-bake cookies. Some people cringe at the thought of a vegan cookie or anything gluten-free, but I promise you, that won't be a problem here!
Making them is a breeze. All you do is melt and stir the ingredients together and then drop them onto a piece of parchment paper. I have to admit that although the recipe says to let them chill in the refrigerator before serving, I don't do this. There's just no resisting warm, gooey, chocolatey dough, right? Because there are no eggs, this is totally acceptable. And encouraged!
Want some more no-bake coconut goodness? Try these coconut balls. They take even less time to put together than these no-bake cookies do. If you're patient enough to make actual cookies that require baking, these gluten-free coconut cookies are sure to be a hit!
Note: If you need these no-bake cookies to be gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter, or almond butter
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats, quick or rolled, certified gluten free
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the honey and cocoa powder together.
- Add the milk and coconut oil, stir, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Continuously stirring, let the mixture boil for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining ingredients (nut butter through salt).
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, drop the cookies on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator and let them firm up for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Erin D.
- Adapted from Healthy No Bake Cookies from Two Peas and their Pod.
- Cooking Method:
- No Bake
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Easy, Quick, Chocolate, Cookies, No Bake, Desserts, Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Cookie Recipes, No Bake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 15 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Chilling Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin D.
Source: Adapted from Healthy No Bake Cookies from Two Peas and their Pod.
Recipe Yields: 15 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving