Coconut Balls RecipeErin D. | Texanerin Baking
These Coconut Balls are certainly quick and easy. They're also vegan and gluten free - but if you don't tell the kids, we...
These gluten free and vegan lemon coconut balls are perfect for these last days of summer. They're incredibly simple and come together in only 5 minutes, making this a great recipe to make with the kids.
Don't let the vegan or gluten free part turn you off. These coconut balls are no bake, so no eggs are required, and coconut butter takes the place of butter. And the flour? I used oats. So really, they just happen to be gluten-free and vegan!
Coconut butter is not the same thing as coconut oil. Coconut butter is the pureed flesh of a coconut, while coconut oil is just the fat extracted from the meat. Coconut butter can be expensive so I suggest making your own homemade coconut butter. All you need is shredded coconut and a food processor!
These little balls are plenty sweet and have a nice lemon flavor. If lemon isn't your thing, lime would be a great substitute. Or you can even leave out the citrus completely (including the zest) and use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in place of the lemon juice.
And if you don't like white chocolate, leave the rolled balls as is or roll the coconut balls into some more shredded coconut or even better - toasted coconut!
Want more no bake gluten free goodies? Check out these gluten free no bake peanut butter balls. It's another quick and super simple recipe to throw together in only a few minutes.
If it's not too hot to get the oven going, these gluten free lemons bars recipe are sure to perk up your day!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Coconut Balls Recipe
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Stir in the oats and shredded coconut until well combined.
- Roll into 14 1" balls.
- In a microwave safe bowl at half power, melt the white chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until melted.
- Spoon or pipe the white chocolate over the balls.
- Keep the coconut balls covered and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Use certified gluten-free oats to guarantee the gluten free integrity of this recipe
- Erin D.
- Cooking Method:
- No Bake
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free Baking, Vegan, Gluten Free, Desserts, Cookies, No Bake, Coconut
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Cookie Recipes, No Bake Recipes, Coconut Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 14 1" Balls
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin D.
Recipe Yields: 14 1" Balls
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Amount Per Serving