Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo gives you your favorite Italian restaurant dish. Not to mention easy and gluten free!
Did you know that you could still enjoy a good helping of fettuccine Alfredo even being gluten free? I didn’t! When I went gluten free, I thought I had kissed pasta goodbye, until I discovered there are tasty gluten free versions too.
Now, instead of dreaming about restaurant versions of chicken fettuccine Alfredo, I have the luxury of making it myself and knowing exactly what goes in it.
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo is one of my go-to pantry meals - I can easily put it together in less than 30 minutes. I love using rotisserie chicken here, that you can either make at home or pick up at the local grocery store. Picking up a rotisserie chicken at the store is actually one of my favorite cooking shortcuts.
My friend actually shared this recipe with me many years ago, before I ever started cooking regularly. This was back when I first was married and trying to learn to cook and find easy meals to make for my husband and me. It has stuck with me ever since, and I have used this sauce in many more Alfredo based recipes.
I like to do a very simple sauce that includes cream cheese, milk, and garlic salt. Most of those items you will likely have on hand. Once I have the noodles done and the sauce mixed, it’s simple to toss in the chicken and mix it up. This is one of those recipes that is great to teach the kids too as they learn to cook.
Everyone in my household loves this dish, which makes it a win for our family. We have so many picky eaters that it is a rare treat to find a meal that we all enjoy.
Are you ready for an easy, pantry style meal tonight? This is just the one!
You’ve got to love an easy meal like this one! Round out your dinner with a great salad; our detox kale salad or strawberry spinach salad should do the trick!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 12 ounces Gluten Free Fettucini Pasta
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- Garlic Salt
- 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
- Fresh Parsley
- Italian Cheese, Shredded
- Cook the pasta in accordance with the package instructions then drain and leave in the strainer.
- While the pasta is out of the pot, place the block of cream cheese and milk in it and let it melt, stirring it occasionally so that it does not burn. The heat can also be lowered a bit.
- Pour the pasta back into the pot once the cream cheese is melted, then stir it up to mix with the pasta.
- Add in the garlic salt to taste and the chicken.
- Mix well and serve topped with parsley and cheese.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Italian, Pasta, Chicken, Dinners, Easy Dinners, Boiled, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Italian Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Boiled Recipes, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving